 Marketplace / Shopping / 11380
Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:57:47 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Thomas Stangl wrote:
The sets lately haven't thrilled me.  I only buy sets if I KNOW I'll like the
parts.  Those 3x3 corner slopes aren't in the picture on the front of the box.  If
they would have been, I'd have noticed long ago.

   To be honest, I only realized they were there when
   I went into one of the LEGO outlet stores and saw
   one built and in the display case.  At first, because
   it was at a different angle, my response was "ARGH,
   another store set using pieces that *we'll* never
   get to see," and then I saw that it was in fact the
   Lander set, and got all excited.  And then very sad,
   because it's $40.

Yes, I could REALLY, REALLY use these in {affordable} bulk in light gray (OLD,
dangit!) and dark grey (OLD!) for roofs for various buildings.

   Agreed, 1,000%.

   I'm not sure where the heck all those lots of dark grey
   3x3 corners and light grey 3x3 corners have come from,
   though--maybe the light grey from consignment, but what
   about the dark grey, green, and other colors I've seen
   show up on BL every so often (at outrageous prices, mind
   you)?

   all best

   LFB