 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5914
Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 03:45:23 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee wrote:

   In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee wrote:
   All that aside, hopefully this is a small thing that you will find some amount of benefit in.

I was hoping, after hearing this idea was put forth at Brickfest PDX, that it would someday come to fruition. My only surprise was how fast it happened! It obviously took some work to setup but didn’t take very long to happen.

   Since I’m the one that beg, borrowed, and pleaded to make this happen, I’ll take the heat for the decision.

You shouldn’t have to take any heat, I think you deserve some thanks instead. You have mine.

   It wasn’t a shameless attempt to do anything but deliver to the fans something that might help this situation.

   If we do decide that they sold well enough to release more (not an option as far as I know), then it’s a “shameless” attempt to make money.

Isn’t LEGO a company that is in business to make money? :)

There’s nothing shameless about that. That’s what they do. That’s what keeps their employees employed! Sell the products that sell. If these sell, then everyone wins... simple as that.

I did my part today and bought some of the new packs. Not as many as I’d like, but on short notice I’d say it was actually a good purchase for me.

Jake... thanks for all that you do. Not just for this, but also for that day to day conquest you’re on to raise awareness of adult fans within the company. We appreciate it.

All the best,
Allan B.