 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5921
5920  |  5922
Subject:
The breadcrumbs from the masters table
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:44:41 GMT

Jake McKee wrote:
Wow. You guys are SO fast! I just got final green light a few hours ago, and was
working on an announcement!
Did you really believe this could be held under the hood? Do you - in
contrast to what you said - still underestimate the enormous importance
of the issue? It is *not* about a grey or brown or violet (or whatever
other changes were planned - the "old" white looks quite yellow next to
the millitary grey, and you already mentioned plans about this, didn't
you?). It is simply about *trust*.

The phrase "Continous Underestimation" pops up in a corner of my mind.
TLC already did that when I first ran into the Lego comunication wall
misconcepted as customer service (A service that is more or less
uninformed about a product is not exactly helpful, regardles of how nice
and friendly they may be) back in the times when the RCX started.

EURO 5,49/ DKK 44.95/ USD 4.99 /GBP 3.75
Again, we europeans are shortchanged. Why? USD4.99 is worth about
EUR4.00, and not EUR5.49. As with the retail prices, we subsidize the
American market...

Now before anyone flames me or the color change, I know this isn't a solution to
the color change. I know it's a band-aid. All that aside, hopefully this is a
small thing that you will find some amount of benefit in.
And you already know that you are in a loose-loose situation. And its
not really a band aid. I is more likely salt in our wounds. Again, your
management failed to understand their customers.

And, as a side effect, TLC managed to disunite the AFOL community worse
than any fight over "Space" and "Castle" ever managed.

This stunt may bring your company about USD300000, which will all but
cover the costs to regain the reputation as a respectable brand so
cheaply burned on the altar of mismanagement.

yours, Christian Treczoks