 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5929
Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:17:27 GMT

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Jeff Findley wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Gregory Muri wrote:
Yes Larry, I am absolutely serious.  Everyone has to take the color change
situation in their own way.  For me personally, Lego corporate can take the
old color bulk packs and cram them...........well, you get the idea.  My
support for Lego, as a customer, has ended.

Unfortunately, LEGO doesn't have decent competition.  We all know how terrible
"LEGO Compatable" blocks really are.  If they had real competition (like Coke
had when they came out with New Coke), customers really could vote with their
wallet by switching to the competition.

Pepsi made a killing when New Coke came out because they were a viable
alternative to New Coke.  Coke was hurt badly by the whole New Coke fiasco.

<snip>

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I can step in here if necessary,
but I seem to recall that changing Coke made consumers realize how much
they treasured it.  After introducing Classic Coke, I think they more than
made up for the blunder in terms of increased sales.

Dare we hold out hope for a similar outcome?  Our words, actions, and
dollars finally register and after a short hiatus, LEGO brings back the
classic colors.  Adults and children alike are so grateful that increased
sales bring LEGO back to profitability.

-Christopher