 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5881
Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:12:27 GMT

Yes Larry, I am absolutely serious.  Everyone has to take the color change
situation in their own way.  For me personally, Lego corporate can take the
old color bulk packs and cram them...........well, you get the idea.  My
support for Lego, as a customer, has ended.  Some people will choose this
road, and others will choose the comlete opposite.  And some will take a
road somewhere in between.  This is an individual decision that each person
must make for themselves.  I can only hope that more choose the same path
that I did.  It is the only kind of thing that Lego will respond to as far
as I am concerned.

The only reason these bulk packs have been released now is that Lego is
desperate not to lose customers like myself, even if they refuse to admit
it.  If the situation was any different, then there would have been a
reasonable level of communication from the Lego regarding the color changes.
Also, these kind of bulk packs would have been available for a longer period
of time than a one time opportunity like this one.  There have been claims
that the color change issue was in the works at Lego for over 2 years.  Only
a company with an astronomical level of ignorrance could have handled it in
this manner.

I do not believe for one single second that Lego as a company gives a rat's
*** about the AFOL community unless they have something to gain by it.
Otherwise, we are just an irritation that makes up such a small percentage
of their business that they are willing to throw that away.  What company
would throw away any of their business no matter how small it is?  Answer,
Lego.

Now I am sure that you will not agree with me and that is just fine.  As I
said, each person has to handle the color change in their own way.  I
haven't been around for as long as a lot of AFOL's on Lugnet.  I only
re-discovered Lego a couple years ago.  However, I pushed ahead with a
completey new hobby and spent money on it just like I have all the others I
have enjoyed over the years.  The sad thing is that no other hobby I have
ever tried has been as big a disappointment when I consider the tens of
thousands of dollars I have spent on Lego in the last 2+ years.  I have
never run into a company like Lego in my hobbies and only hope I never have
to in the future.  Most companies in the world value their customers no
matter how big a percentage of the bottom line they are.  I will just enjoy
the Lego I have now and on occasion grab that vintage set I always wanted
from BL or Ebay.

Greg

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@ascentialsoftwareDOTcom> wrote in
message news:Hus6E8.1Hrv@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.lego.direct, Gregory Muri wrote:
Anyone noticed that if ordered in bulk, these new items do not qualify • for
the bulk pricing that applies to most of the brick and plate bulk packs?

I think the best suggestion is to vote with you wallet.  Don't order any • of
these and let Lego warehouse them forever.  Heck, they have claimed • before
that bulk items suffer from the associated warehousing costs and such. • Let
these rot as far as I am concerned.  Unfortunately they are more likely • to
sell out before they are even shipping.

You're serious?

As I understand it, Jake and other folks went to a lot of trouble to get • this to
happen for the community, and you'd like people not to buy them?

Well that's certainly one option, I guess, but it's not one I think is
necessarily a good one. If your scenario came to pass, wouldn't that send • a
message to HQ that the AFOLs talk a lot and complain a lot but when • something
special is done for them, they are all talk and no wallet?

Wouldn't that lead to rather LESS things being done for us in future?

Fortunately I suspect you are in the minority and that rather destructive
message won't end up being sent, because as you say, these are likely to • do
well.