 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5931
Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:11:56 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Gregory Muri wrote:
Lego as a company could satisfy me easily.
Change back to the original grey and brown colors and move on.

At this point, how exactly is that change back an *easy* thing?

Changing back would mean that LEGO management would have to admit the decision
was wrong in the first place.  This won't happen unless sales drop off badly.
This won't happen because most LEGO is bought for kids and it's not likely that
this group will care much about the color change.  The only reason Coke admitted
that it screwed up with New Coke is because sales suffered badly and their
competition was taking over their former "loyal" custmers.

And just for the record, I think that Jake deserves a lot of credit.  If he
were smart he would quit Lego and find a job with a company that has even a
slight clue what their customers really want.

Given that he loves LEGO and this is his dream job, where would you have him go?
MegaBlocks? Hasbro?

I'm not sure I see things as easy as you do.

The LEGO clones are pathetic.  Why would anyone as obviously caring as Jake work
for a company who's business plan is to sell cheap knock-offs to unsuspecting
adults?  Informed adults won't buy MegaBlocks.  They know better.

Jeff