 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5911
Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 00:42:24 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tim Courtney wrote:
   Hear, hear!

There are some people that no matter what you do, it can’t be good enough for them. I think the color issue, unfortunate as it is, is bringing out peoples’ true character and showing all reading what the people here are made of. For the good, and the bad.

-Tim

Feh.

The protest i voiced wasn’t toward Jake himself as a person, but towards the LEGO Group. Like many others, I am most displeased with the Company’s decision to change the colors.

I didn’t know that Jake himself was behind the decision of producing more parts for a short run, but even so, I’m appaled by TLG that is saying buy these little cookie crumblings because the real deal is gone. Be satisfied with this because it’s over.

As for good or bad character, let me just say that I wouldn’t be in a bad mood if TLG admitted they totally screwed up and went back the other way to correct the error.

I don’t believe that 2 wrongs make a good. This is but another error of their part. Jake wants to help us, I respect that. I’m not saying it’s his fault. It’s clearly NOT his fault. The problem is the same however. They want us to buy bulk pack of bricks and plates in 3 colors, but what about other parts? And what about people, like me and others, that can’t afford buying bulk packs for now? Too bad for us I guess, since the general idea seems to be that if the bags get sold real quick, maybe LEGO will make more, even if Jake says it doesn’t look as an option...

Anyway, I resent your fallacious accusations Tim. Yes, I’m really not in a good mood about this issue and it pisses me off. But what? Can’t I say that I don’t like being treaten unfairly by a company for which I spend thousands of $$$ each year?

I might not buy anymore LEGO products for a while, but I’ll still enjoy my parts very much. Fortunately,m there are still plenty of 2003 and older sets in stores for me to compensate for the bad 2004 colors.

Terry