 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5898
Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 20:45:15 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, J. Spencer Rezkalla wrote:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Matthew Miller wrote:

Let's see how fast they sell out. Now *there's* a way to send a message.

They seem to be available for preorder on S@H now. Vote with your
pocketbooks, people.

I'm sure they will sell out relatively quickly as there will be a mad AFOL rush
to buy "the last production run", but are those LSAH prices really competitive
with say Bricklink? There is still a ton of the old colors available on BL right
now. I think I'll pass...

Spencer

    I just checked Bricklink.com, and you're right--there ARE a lot of true gray
and brown bricks.  However, except for the 1X2 & 2X2 bricks, the pieces are
scattered throughout 1000 stores and several countries.  The vast majority of BL
stores that have true gray bricks at good prices only have very small
quantities.
    If we order directly from LEGO, we can order thousands at a time from the
same place, and we know that the pieces are brand new.  I plan on ordering
several (20+) of these bulk packs from LEGO.  Getting the same amount of the
same pieces from BL stores would mean ordering from several stores.  Even if I
could find cheap pieces on BL, the time and extra postage would cancel out the
good prices.
    (Nothing aginst Bricklink.com, of course.  I love it.)