 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5897
Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 20:26:56 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Gregory Muri wrote:
Tim, you couldn't be more wrong.

That opinion may not be universally shared

Lego as a company could satisfy me easily.
Change back to the original grey and brown colors and move on.

At this point, how exactly is that change back an *easy* thing?

Have you carried out an analysis to be sure it is easy or are you just guessing,
or wishing, or are you saying it is easy from your perspective but you don't
care how hard it is for LEGO to change?

Or is there another possibility I'm missing?

Correct the
real problems with the company instead of changing things that are perfectly
fine the way they were.  If the grey and brown colors were really a problem
they would have been changed about 20 years ago!!!

Remember new Coke?

I do. Do you?

Some think that Coca Cola did the whole new Coke thing as a cynical way to
change the old Coke formula rather than as an honest mistake. So be careful of
what analogy you draw.

A company can certainly make a mistake, those that
deserve to survive are the ones that can admit it and correct it.
Unfortunately, I am confident that Lego is not a company like that.

You might be right. Or might not be, who knows.

And just for the record, I think that Jake deserves a lot of credit.  If he
were smart he would quit Lego and find a job with a company that has even a
slight clue what their customers really want.

Given that he loves LEGO and this is his dream job, where would you have him go?
MegaBlocks? Hasbro?

I'm not sure I see things as easy as you do.