 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5878
Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:42:08 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Gregory Muri wrote:
Anyone noticed that if ordered in bulk, these new items do not qualify for
the bulk pricing that applies to most of the brick and plate bulk packs?

I think the best suggestion is to vote with you wallet.  Don't order any of
these and let Lego warehouse them forever.  Heck, they have claimed before
that bulk items suffer from the associated warehousing costs and such.  Let
these rot as far as I am concerned.  Unfortunately they are more likely to
sell out before they are even shipping.

You're serious?

As I understand it, Jake and other folks went to a lot of trouble to get this to
happen for the community, and you'd like people not to buy them?

Well that's certainly one option, I guess, but it's not one I think is
necessarily a good one. If your scenario came to pass, wouldn't that send a
message to HQ that the AFOLs talk a lot and complain a lot but when something
special is done for them, they are all talk and no wallet?

Wouldn't that lead to rather LESS things being done for us in future?

Fortunately I suspect you are in the minority and that rather destructive
message won't end up being sent, because as you say, these are likely to do
well.