 Marketplace / Shopping / 11381
11380  |  11382
Subject:
Brown & Gray bulk packs now have percent discount
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 04:01:58 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

    So, tons of people have ordered some of that last production run of the true
grays and brown, right?  I myself ordered several bulk packs of them as soon as
they were on the LEGO website.  They were all $4.99 each, and they weren't
eligible for the percent discount (5% off 5 packs, 10% off 10, etc.), but they
were still a good deal.
    Then today the president of my LUG posts a message asking if anyone wants to
go in on a Shop @ Home order so that we could get a bigger discount on those
true color bulk packs.  "Now wait a minute Self," I thought to myself, 'cause
that's what I call myself when I'm thinking.  "The true color bulk packs weren't
part of the discount, but now the someone from your LUG says they are."  I had
to investigate.
    I quickly went to lego.com and found that THE NEW TRUE COLOR BULK PACKS DO
HAVE THE PERCENT DISCOUNT!  What was I to do?  I had already placed my order.
"Wait a minute," I desperately contemplated.  "Every single item on my S@H order
was a bulk pack that won't be available until May 14.  I've got my order number
right here.  I wonder if I could call S@H and get them to give me that
oh-so-special discount pricing since none of my order has shipped yet, and I
ordered more than 15 packs?"
    Next I called Shop @ Home and spoke with Jessica (love ya babe!)  I gave her
my order number and told her of my predicament with the recent price change on
all of the items in my order.  After listening to the Just Imagine hold music
for a while, she came back to tell me that she had changed my order to reflect
the new prices.  They can do that because they don't charge the credit card
until the order ships, and every item had been a preorder item.
    Life is good,
                 David "Fuzzy" Gregory