 Marketplace / Shopping / *739 (-100)
  Re: KB Toys Sale

(...) I was at a KB today, and didn't see any sign announcing a sale. However, it was before I read this group, so I didn't know to ask a salesperson about the ToyWorks sale. --Raymond Flournoy ===...=== flournoy@cs.stanford.edu "Because, of course, (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW at KMART

(...) You know what I'd do? I'd go by there on a regular basis, order LARGE quantities of food, bags full of special-order hamburgers, etc. Then, when I caught them in the act of overcharging - make a nice little scene and refuse to pay. That would (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW at KMART

(...) There's a McDonald's around here where several items (about 1/2 of those we ever get) ring up at least 5% higher than the (consistent inside and drive-through) menus show. I first discovered this when figuring that a $2 milkshake could not (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW at KMART

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) the (...) Meijer. (...) In a way, this law makes a lot more sense than many others on the books. In my area, a certain grocery chain is notorious for mislabeling their items (well, they don't even use price (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW at KMART

Well, I am sure some stores do mark up deliberately, but working with the Systems department at Meijer, many times, it is a screw up uploading the prices every week. Cashiers due submit forms when things come up wrong, so it can be administered to. (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: DYA is back

I took that post as a question meant to determine interest...I said yes. Paul Sinasohn (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW at KMART

(...) I don't know about the 10X thing first-hand, but I *believe* the idea is to discourage stores from having higher prices in their scanning-computer than in the displays. In this computer age, it's easy for stores to set things up so the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW at KMART

(...) I see the 10X thing as an incentive to fix things when they are wrong: the first customer who reports it may get a nice bonus, but the store should then _fix_ the problem. It really irks me when I have to spend time finding out that something (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW at KMART

(...) The 10X thing sounds really whacked. I still say he did the right thing. I've seen numerous products that were obviously mispriced by mistake. Can't believe any sane person would expect the law to back them up and force a store to honor a (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Lego sets at Costco

The following sets at available at Costco for $27.49 6160 Stingray Sea Scorpion 6919 Insectoids Planetary Prowler 4970 Rock Raider Chrome Crusher 6434 Town Roadside Repairs Not great prices and 6919 and 6434 were a recent closeout out at Target. (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW at KMART

It is law in Michigan. There is also a law about scanning items wrong, if the price is different, you get 10X the amount of difference between prices. I always changed the price if it was marked wrong when I was a cashier at Meijer. Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW at KMART

(...) I'm no lawyer, but I have heard that that store was legaly obliged to sell that game for the marked price. I was told that by a retail manager while being trained on how to be a cashier when I was a kid. It could as easily be an urban legend (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB Toys Sale

I saw this ad as well. However, the ad was for the KB Toy Works stores. KBTW are typically in strip malls and outlet locations. Does anyone know if this applies to the regular mall KB Stores? -- Bryan Scott Costello <scottcos@spamfree.aol.com> wrote (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  The Vault Again, e-mail problems

Boy, I think that last announcement for The Vault I made generated more discussion than any post I have ever posted anywhere has ever generated before! :) Anyway... It sounds like I should go ahead and keep posting new items announcements here until (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Duplo 3030 'Silver' tub

While wondering thru the local WalMart today I noticed something unusual, a Duplo Limited Edition Tub with Silver Brick. Now I know about the Lego Silver brick buckets and tubs (although I was never lucky enough to find one), but I didn't know that (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  KB Toys Sale

Just got my ad today from KB toys and saw that all lego sets are 25% off. Now if any of you shop KB toys on a regular basis you may know that they charge about 10% more than retail, but it is still a good savings. Scott (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  DYA is back

I saw a post and went searching for the 8485 which is supposedly on DYA's updated website. Sadly, I didn't find any 8485 - maybe it hasn't been added yet. I thought it was cute near the bottom of the page where they list some Duplo sets as "Lego (...) (25 years ago, 11-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW at KMART

(...) Good deal. I assume there's no point in me hitting the Kmarts now, which is ok - I'm too busy spending money on DVDs. :) (...) I've actually seen and heard of stores refusing to honor mislabeled products. 'Course, that normally ticks off the (...) (25 years ago, 11-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  FOTW at KMART

I found a box (!) of polybags (Adventurer, City, and Space) priced at $0.99 each. [1] Add on the "buy-one-get-one-1/2-off" sale, and it was quite a find! Naji [1] I see nothing wrong with purchasing mislabeled products. Kmart, Wal-Mart, TRU, and (...) (25 years ago, 11-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: A big round of thanks to Tom and Gail

In lugnet.market.shopping, thou, David Eaton (wpieaton@wpi.edu), hast wrytted... (...) Hehe, ever heard of a program called figlet? 88 88 88 ,d 88 88 88 88 88 88 88 MM88MMM 88,dPPYba, ,adPPYYba, 8b,dPPYba, 88 ,d8 ,adPPYba, 88 88 88P' "8a "" `Y8 88P' (...) (25 years ago, 11-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: A big round of thanks to Tom and Gail

(...) How a bout a big thanks :) ? (I'll leave out the "round" part until I'm more skilled at ASCII art) _888...888__888___88..._8888888__ _888...888__888___88...888____88_ ____888_____888...88..._88888____ ____888_____888...88...___88888__ (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: New Items on The Vault - 9/9/99

(...) I think Matt posted in the right place. Matt has established his proprietorship "The Vault" much like an online store (where everything is first-come-first-serve and fixed-priced) and very little like a typical person-to-person sale. As long (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: A big round of thanks to Tom and Gail

R E C P I P A A T N O I (well, it looks like a round of appreciation on my screen :-) -Johh Van (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: New Items on The Vault - 9/9/99

(...) IMO this doesn't belong in lugnet.market.shopping. Please keep ads in buy-sell-trade. Todd: If I am incorrect, please tell me. If I'm right, please back me up. Thanks, Naji (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  New Items on The Vault - 9/9/99

**You are on this mailing list because you have expressed interest in my direct Lego sales at The Vault. Please let me know if you would like to be removed from this list to receive notice of new additions.** There are lots new items on The Vault (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  A big round of thanks to Tom and Gail

The U.S. specials are closed down for the holiday season and, if the patterns of previous years are followed, will return again in mid-January. I don't know for sure if the Canada S@H specials are still running, but it looks like the last (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Nugator Update and Discount Offer

We have added a variety of rectangular brick and plates to The Nugator Company’s web site (www.nugator.com). We are sold out of a lot of things but have plenty to still add to the site. We are also in need of set inventories, particularly for (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Star Wars LEGO on sale at www.starwars.com and interesting misprint?

On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 01:35:39PM +0000, Eric Kingsley wrote: Another interesting thing I found was when I checked on the Mos Espa Pod Race (...) (25 years ago, 9-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: $6 for 2494 bucket? (was Re: Kmart sale)

(...) $6/purple bucket seems to be the standard K-Mart price. Unfortunately, I have a difficult time finding the purple buckets these days (at K-Mart or anywhere). I preferred them to the Big BlueTubs (3033) because they did not contain Green (...) (25 years ago, 9-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Star Wars LEGO on sale at www.starwars.com and interesting misprint?

I was just checking out www.starwars.com and noticed that they were having a sale at the "Mos Espa Trading Post". Generally I don't check here because they are usually very over priced but most of the sets are on sale and although a few are still (...) (25 years ago, 9-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Train track special at S@H

(...) set (...) of (...) This is corrected in the new catalog. The price is now $81 w/2 4520 curved rails. -Rob. (25 years ago, 9-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  McDonald's Promo Set Scan

Scan of the 8 sets is at: (URL) to the Fall S@H catalog, the promotion runs from 29-Oct through 30-Nov in the US. -Rob. (25 years ago, 9-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  $6 for 2494 bucket? (was Re: Kmart sale)

(...) My location (in Braintree, MA) has just the Star Wars sets and the 400-piece 2494 purple buckets. The buckets are regular-priced at $6.00 each, which means I could get two (800 pieces) for $9. Believe it or not, I actually didn't buy anything (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Kmart sale

As an additional note: I called TRU, WalMart and Target. TRU and WalMart would not match the ad since it does not show an acutal price. Target said they would match provided I brought a copy of the ad with me. YMMV. Call your local store and ask (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Kmart sale

I just called a K-mart in Gainesville FL. They confirm the same sale. Started last Sunday and ends this Saturday (9/11). Ray Sanders (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Kmart sale

(...) A couple notes on this sale. They apparently realized that the way they did the buy 1 get a 2nd 50% off the wrong way before (the way they did it before, the computer rung up all the items, and then gave you 50% off the cheapest sets). The way (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Kmart sale

Kmart is having a sale on all LEGO products this week. Buy any set and get another set of equal or lesser value at half price. I bought a 1200 brick tub [$20] and a 650 piece red bucket (the one with two yellow baseplates and a green wizard hat) (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: busy-bee toy service?

Try (URL) which is a page hosted by Simon Denscombe alias Carbon 60. Their numbers are listed in the right hand column about 2/3rds down on the page. -Rob. Mike Walsh wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Some older somewhat hard to find sets found in Revere MA

(...) Best place to look for Outback Airstrips is KB Toys. They are on close out for $12.99 (you even may be lucky and find a store which still has them at the incorrect close out price of $9.99). (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Legoland California sale

The Legoland California has a few items on sale. Please note that Legoland pricing is higher than TRU, Wal-Mart, and K-mart (I would guess about 5% higher) All adventurers sets are 30% off. It looks like it includes the new jungle themes. Also mugs (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Some older somewhat hard to find sets found in Revere MA

(...) There used to be a store just like that on Moody Street in Waltham. Sadly, they're gone now, but The Construction Site more than makes up for it (-: Can you tell us the name of this old toy store in Lynn? - Robert Munafo (URL) LEGO: (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Set 6444... (Was: Re: Some older somewhat hard to find sets found in Revere MA)

(...) I'd like to thank every one for the offers, I have accepted one and need no others. Thank you again! Ciao! (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Some older somewhat hard to find sets found in Revere MA

I cleaned out a KB toys over by me last week, they had 5 #6444 and I got them all, they were 14.99 which is about half price. I was going to look at another store to see if they had any. If I see any I'll be picking them up, want me to set aside one (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Some older somewhat hard to find sets found in Revere MA

6444's are still available in New Zealand priced at about 26.50 USD plus shipping. Grahame Reid (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Some older somewhat hard to find sets found in Revere MA

I just parted out 4 Outback Airstrips but there are still a couple left in the store - 27.99 Cn plus tax, which works out to $22.00 US. LMK if Eric can't find you one and I will pick one up for you. Kevin (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: busy-bee toy service?

Does Busy-Bee have a web site? If not, what is there phone number? Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (URL) Doucette wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  S@H Specials Discontinued ...

The woman I spoke with at S@H this morning informed that the S@H weekly phone specials have been discontinued until the end of the year. She said they are so busy right now and with the holiday season approaching, they were stopping them for the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: busy-bee toy service?

I've used them twice, both times the service was excellent. They take credit cards over the phone (FAX is better). Big orders help keep the per unit shipping charges to a minimum. -Rob. peteh wrote in message ... (...) to (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Some older somewhat hard to find sets found in Revere MA

(...) I will check for you. You are the actually the second person looking for the set. Unfortunately I do not remember seeing this set. The one Outback set I remember is 6490 Amazon Crossing. (URL) will look however for 6444 and let you know if I (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Some older somewhat hard to find sets found in Revere MA

(...) I live in California (aka Sunny CA), so I don't think the directions will do much good. Can you check and see if they have set 6444, Outback Airstrip? Thanks, S@H has none :(. Ciao! (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: busy-bee toy service?

Yes, and Yes. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  busy-bee toy service?

Has anyone out there used the Busy-Bee toy service in Manchester, England to import sets into the US? Is Busy-Bee reputable and safe? Thanks. -Pete (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Saw 4561 at Target

I was at my local Target the other day and saw the new train set, 4561. It was selling for 129.99. I hope it is still there for the after Christmas clearence sale. Dan (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  New items on The Vault - 9/6

There are several new items on The Vault including Technic Kabaya sets, some Paradisa, some rare Adventurers sets and more. All Shell sets are now being clearanced with big savings! Other sets are also on sale. Comming soon are Kabaya Space sets, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  [Fwd: Toys-R-Us clearance]

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Toys-R-Us clearance Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 01:02:51 GMT From: Quozl <quozl@pacifier.com> Organization: None Newsgroups: lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade Just stopped by the local TRU today and saw some sets (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Some older somewhat hard to find sets found in Revere MA

That reminds me. There are a couple of toy stores in Winchester, MA. I only had time to go in one, and found a couple interesting sets (I forget which ones). Also, there is an old toy store in Lynn right off the main drag at 129(A?). It's like a (...) (25 years ago, 6-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: Wal-Mart Happiness

WOW ... those prices are better than the ones up here (in ND) the 6919 ($38.88 IIRC to $20) ... 6969 ($48.88 IIRC to $24) and 6977 ($78.88 to $40) -Lee. (...) (25 years ago, 4-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Night Lord's Castle @ KB Toy Outle/Liquidator (FOTW?)

I went to my local KB Toy Outlet (At Aurora Farms Outlet Mall in Aurora, Ohio) and was bummed to see that the Legos were no longer on sale. I was, however, happily surprised that they had gotten in a shipment set 6097 "Night Lord's Castle" as I had (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Nugator Update - Train Pieces Added

In lugnet.market.shopping, Jason M. Normand writes: <snipped> Now that your site is up and running, these posts (which are basically straight advertisements) should probably go into market.buy-sell-trade, since that seems more appropriate than (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Nugator Update - Train Pieces Added

www.nugator.com We have placed the majority of our mini-figure stock on the site, and have actually sold out on a number of items. We still need to place the town and train accessories and space up but if you have anything you need just send us an (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Some older somewhat hard to find sets found in Revere MA

(...) Oh yeah -- that reminds me. Karen and I were in Concord last weekend, and the Toy Shop there has a lot of Lego (less than the Construction Site, of course, but still good). And they had a few pirates sets -- no boats or anything really cool. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Some older somewhat hard to find sets found in Revere MA

I don't know how many of you would be interested in this but I found a number of sets that are becoming hard to find at the Revere MA (Pronounced Ra-vee-ah for the locals :) ) TRU. Among what I found included Fright Knights, Hydronaughts, Divers, (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Tie & Y-Wing at Target

Hello all, I was at the Target in Edison, New Jeresy a couple days ago and saw the Tie Fighter and Y-Wing set marked for $29.99. It was definitely an error because the other sets were normally priced. Better pick some up before they find out. sun (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: $10 off $25+ order at eToys (new cust only)

(...) Yeah, I need to find a kid to give it to. My head is far too large for that hat. (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: $10 off $25+ order at eToys (new cust only)

Yep. Saw the box and thought "ooohhh, what could it be?", I didn't order anything. The least they could have done was included a $10 coupon for the free advertising they expect from our wearing of the hats. My 5 year old loves it. Julie (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: $10 off $25+ order at eToys (new cust only)

(...) got one out of the blue the other day. Not sure why. (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  $10 off $25+ order at eToys (new cust only)

Follow the link at my page to save $10 on any order over $25 at eToys. This offer is valid only for "new customers." (URL) Gatrelle (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  What A Deal!!, The Nugator Company - www.nugator.com

(...) How do you keep your prices soooo low? This is by far the cheapest site I've seen, Good Work! Plug: A Darth Vader for $6.05, I couldn't pass it up!!! (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  The Nugator Company Update - www.nugator.com

The Nugator Company Update: We have added Star Wars, Ninja, and some Town & Train mini-figures and accessories to the site. We will be adding Castle, Pirate, and Space, plus some additional Town & Train tomorrow. Questions or comments email (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: US S@H Specials Aug 30 - Sep 5, 1999

(...) Our local KB Toy Outlet still has several of these. Now that the 25% sale is done (It was supposed to end Sunday, but they still gave me the sale last night), it's not quite this cheap, but still a bargain (I think it's priced at $17.99). (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: US S@H Specials Aug 30 - Sep 5, 1999

I just called S@H and asked about 8232 and was told that they have sold out of this item. (...) Thanks! mark (25 years ago, 30-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  US S@H Specials Aug 30 - Sep 5, 1999

Duplo 2690 Fire Chief $ 8.75 $ 4.50 2604 Dino World $76.00 $62.00 Scala 3118 Fun Fashion Boutique $54.00 $38.00 Technic 8232 Chopper Force $27.50 $14.00 Clothing P200 Extreme Polo Adult $24.00 $12.00 Kids $22.00 $11.00 -- | Tom Stangl, Technical (...) (25 years ago, 30-Aug-99, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Kohl's 25% off

Kohl's is having 25% off this week. Their regular prices are marked up. The example that comes to mind is 7171 Mos Espa Podrace is regularly $99.99, so 25% off brings it down to about $75 - still cheaper than full price Target. Julie (25 years ago, 30-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Nugator Lego Retail Site up in Pre-Launch

I wanted to let you all know that the new LEGO site, www.nugator.com is now up in its pre-launch stages. Stop by and see what is available. Also if you have any suggestions or comments feel free to email us. A small selection of discontinued sets is (...) (25 years ago, 30-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Wal-Mart Happiness

Hey all, Well, pursuant to Sun Yun's heads-up about Service Merchandise, I'm posting my find of the day at a NJ Wal-Mart--it turns out they've got a ton of Insectoid ships (6919 and 6969) and 6582s on clearance. 6919 (Planetary Prowler) is $10.50, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Service Merchandise Sale

Hello all, I was at a Service Merchandise in New Jersey the other day and noticed that their entire Lego section was on sale. Generally the prices were about 10% off what you would normally see at TRU. This included a lot of the newer sets like Star (...) (25 years ago, 28-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Maniac Pack at Sam's

(...) Actually those fences are now fairly common. Several of the new 3-12 Classic sets have them. They are very common in red and fairly common in yellow. A couple of the Bellville sets have them (5805 Princess Rosaline's Room has 1 or 2 in white, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Maniac Pack at Sam's

Hi everyone, I found a Maniac Pack at Sam's Warehouse yesterday for ~$20 US. It contains the following: 6453 Com-Link Cruiser (includes two white \_/ 1x3x1 inverted slope pieces) 6326 Town Folks (includes 1 white cat) 5925 Pontoon Plane and Classic (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Cheap Legos/Yardsaleing. Was Nugator.com

(...) Since the weekend is coming up you might want to consider giving yard sales another chance, especially if you've only spent a couple of days looking. Presumably you have one of the main attributes needed to make great buys at garage sales-- (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Train track special at S@H

The S@H people are great! I just placed my largest order (I realize it is nothing compared to some of your orders) for $253.75 to get my first big batch of train equipment (I just bought #4561 @ Target yesterday). Anyways, I had ordered the #K4531 (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Zany Brainy sales next month

While poking around the other day, I saw a merchandising planning sheet in the Concord, CA Zany Brainy which listed the Aquanaut's Base and the Alien Avenger as being 50% off between 9/24 and 10/3. I did not ask about it.... Nor did I see the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Odd buckets I found today

I was poking around in a TRU today. I noticed various odd Lego buckets way up on a high shelf. I bought all of them. 4055 FreeStyle bucket (red), shorter than the Lego Classic bucket 4288, 320 pieces 2494 Lego System bucket (purple), same size as (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: New robotics sets spotted at Zany Brainy

(...) sets (...) this? While the Cleveland, OH area (actually in Highland Heights) Zany brainy had the new droid set and the scout set, it did not seem to have ANYTHING that was/is going to be discountinued. Atleast nothing that I found, and that is (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: New robotics sets spotted at Zany Brainy

(...) The Raleigh NC Zany Brainy also had a stack of 6195s. They didn't have piece counts on the front of the box, so I suspect they are European stock just like the 6979 Interstellar Starfighter they had earlier this year (and still have some of). (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Kevin Loch wrote in message <37C193CA.B30398FE@N...kl.net>... (...) Wow, they didn't have these when I was at the same store last week. I wonder what else they have in the back room? I noticed that the DC Area Zainy Brainys seem to get huge (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: New robotics sets spotted at Zany Brainy

I looked in the Zany Brainy in Reston, VA and they diddn't have the new droid sets, but they did have _36_ 6195 Neptune Discovery Labs at $79 ea. KL (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  US S@H Specials Aug 23 - Aug 29, 1999

Play 6045 Ninja Surprise $14.50 $11.00 Technic 8245 Robot's Revenge $33.00 $27.00 Clothing P210 Skateboarder Polo Youth $22.00 $11.00 Adult $24.00 $12.00 TS04 Adventurer Tshirt Adult Large $14.00 $ 7.00 ===...=== Featured Items for the week (not on (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Bulk Lego

Some auctions on Ebay: (URL) have LEGO bricks of every color and '1x' size available for use, although not much green is left. I have over 100,000 bricks slotted for sale! If interested, you'll need to send mail to: earle@edgemail.com A full on-line (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  New Site - The Unofficial Lego Technic Service Catalog is now online

Ever wanted to know what Technic Service parts are available? And what about the prices???? Well now you can. The unofficial Lego Technic Service Catalog with Prices is now online. It has Canadian and US Prices and a Price Code Letters and Link for (...) (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: new store

(...) Jerry, If you're initiating further discussion on this topic in a .market.* group, then .market.buy-sell-trade isn't probably the right place. The right place would probably be .market.shopping if this about setting up an online store and (...) (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  New robotics sets spotted at Zany Brainy

This may be old news to those who follow the robotics news groups (I gave up - too much to follow). The Zany Brainy in Raleigh NC (and presumably most others) has the new Droid Developers kit ($99.99) and the new Scout set ($149.99). The Scout will (...) (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  E-Toys coupons

Hello I was browsing for some Etoys coupons, without any succes. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?? I appreciate any clues you can provide. Thanks to all Dave (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Nugator.com - New Lego Retail Super Site

The plan is to give the 10% or so discount off of everything avabile. this woudl be in addition to any other sales clearence, and special offers. also we are not completely sure as to what the costs will be but we hope to sell most if not all the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Nugator.com - New Lego Retail Super Site

I would tend to think so, unless you buy sets from other retailers and sell them. (You might get that volume discount) Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone know what this is ?

Its a display that includes the PC games (I don't know if these are last years or this years). I have seen it, and I think there are ten (maybe 12) each of four games. What is the best price you found for LEGO Chess? -- Have fun! John AUCTION Page (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Nugator.com - New Lego Retail Super Site

AFAIK, eToys is the only on-line retailer that does not have normal retail outlets (stores). I think they had a special contract with LEGO. Of course for discontinued sets, you don't need permission from LEGO. -- Have fun! John AUCTION Page (More (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) Of course some of us don't live in an area where we see much clearanced Lego (and precious little of that is at 50% off). I haven't found much used Lego either (I've spent a couple days yardsaleing without (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Nugator.com - New Lego Retail Super Site

As for the membership idea we were thinking a %10 discount (min) plus plenty of other perks. they way we view it is if you put in an order of $50+ you automaticaly get a one month membership with an option to renue after one month, do nothing and it (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Nugator.com - New Lego Retail Super Site

Does TLG allow online retailing? I know at least one retail store owner I asked said "definately not". Then again, there is eToys, and a few others. Does it take a special arrangement? KL (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone know what this is ?

(...) At a guess, I'd say it was a dealer pack of some kind... Paul Sinasohn just guessing again (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact