 Marketplace / Shopping / 644
Re: Nugator.com - New Lego Retail Super Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 08:33:27 GMT

   AFAIK, eToys is the only on-line retailer that does not have normal
retail outlets (stores).  I think they had a special contract with LEGO.  Of
course for discontinued sets, you don't need permission from LEGO.

--
   Have fun!
   John
Kevin Loch wrote in message <37BDC2AF.9DF5489A@NOSPMkl.net>...
Does TLG allow online retailing?  I know at least one retail store owner
I asked
said "definately not".  Then again, there is eToys, and a few others.
Does it take a
special arrangement?

KL

Jason M Normand wrote:

A new LEGO retail web site is currently in the works and I would like to • ask
for your opinions, advice, suggestions, ect.  Any information you have to
offer will be a great benefit to us as we develop the site. Email to
nugator@nugator.com or post a follow-up here.

Currently the site is set for pre-launch, at www.nugator.com (main page • is up
now but that is it) on august 29.  Once the all the funding goes through • and
we get the deliveries it will be greatly enlarged but that may not be • till mid
September.

The site will entail a good selection of both new and used/discontinued • LEGO
sets, and will have large inventory of individual pieces availed for • retail in
whatever quantities you desire (used will probably be somewhat limited • but new
shouldn’t be any problem).  We have decided to break away form the • auction
format due to its complicated running, long turn over periods, and • uncertainty.

Also once the retail portion is up and running, we have plans to add a • member
section which will entail a small monthly charge ($5.00) for access to
benefits such as access to unofficial set designs, member information and
specials, contests, and a percentage discount on all sales.

There will be a links page on the site for any who wish to do a link for • link
exchange (send me an email and well set things up).  Additionally for • those
interested we are offering a 5% site discount to any one who posts a • small
Nugator logo/link on their main home/commercial page, details for this • are
also available by emailing nugator@nugator.com.

If you have any other thoughts or ideas just let us know

Thanks,

Jason M Normand