 Marketplace / Shopping / 637
Re: Nugator.com - New Lego Retail Super Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 17:40:32 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Paul Sinasohn writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Jason M. Normand writes:

Also once the retail portion is up and running, we have plans to add a • member
section which will entail a small monthly charge ($5.00) for access to
benefits such as access to unofficial set designs, member information and
specials, contests, and a percentage discount on all sales.

IMHO, $60.00 per year is WAY too much for the benefits you've outlined.

The percentage discount will have to be very good, and I don't see where
you'll be able to procure sets at a cost which will allow $60 in discounts to
a buyer each year.

I think the idea is that it is a monthly fee, not yearly; hence, if you wished
to get a discount on something, or just wanted to be part of a contest than ran
for a month or two, you'd have to pay the $5.00 fee for that month.

Also, if it is yearly, $60 may or may not be too much for you. (that's why
being a member is apparently optional) You have to guage it accordingly for
yourself. If they offer a 5% discount, it's only worth it if you spend $100 or
more a month on lego; for a 10% discount, only if you spend more than $50 a
month, etc.

I think it would probably make the most business sense to have it as a yearly
fee. But certainly for end users, making it monthly can be quite a deal
(depending on your spending habits of course). Perhaps an idea on that is that
it could cost $50 (or less) per year, or $5 monthly, kind of like a
subscription to a magazine, $10 off the 'cover price'.

Overall, it sounds like a great idea!
Good luck with it!
Dave Eaton