 Marketplace / Shopping / 646
Re: Nugator.com - New Lego Retail Super Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 12:36:33 GMT

I would tend to think so, unless you buy sets from other retailers and sell
them. (You might get that volume discount)

Scott Sanburn

Kevin Loch wrote:

Does TLG allow online retailing?  I know at least one retail store owner
I asked
said "definately not".  Then again, there is eToys, and a few others.
Does it take a
special arrangement?

KL

Jason M Normand wrote:

A new LEGO retail web site is currently in the works and I would like to ask
for your opinions, advice, suggestions, ect.  Any information you have to
offer will be a great benefit to us as we develop the site. Email to
nugator@nugator.com or post a follow-up here.

Currently the site is set for pre-launch, at www.nugator.com (main page is up
now but that is it) on august 29.  Once the all the funding goes through and
we get the deliveries it will be greatly enlarged but that may not be till mid
September.

The site will entail a good selection of both new and used/discontinued LEGO
sets, and will have large inventory of individual pieces availed for retail in
whatever quantities you desire (used will probably be somewhat limited but new
shouldn’t be any problem).  We have decided to break away form the auction
format due to its complicated running, long turn over periods, and uncertainty.

Also once the retail portion is up and running, we have plans to add a member
section which will entail a small monthly charge ($5.00) for access to
benefits such as access to unofficial set designs, member information and
specials, contests, and a percentage discount on all sales.

There will be a links page on the site for any who wish to do a link for link
exchange (send me an email and well set things up).  Additionally for those
interested we are offering a 5% site discount to any one who posts a small
Nugator logo/link on their main home/commercial page, details for this are
also available by emailing nugator@nugator.com.

If you have any other thoughts or ideas just let us know

Thanks,

Jason M Normand

--
Scott E. Sanburn
CADD Operator, CADD Systems Administrator

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/
Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/index.html
Lego Page:
http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/legoindex.html

“The more people I meet, the more I like my Lego collection.”