 Marketplace / Shopping / 718
Re: New Items on The Vault - 9/9/99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 15:08:40 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, "Naji Norder" <n.norder@computer.org> writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Matthew J. Chiles writes:
**You are on this mailing list because you have expressed interest in
my direct Lego sales at The Vault.  Please let me know if you would
like to be removed from this list to receive notice of new
additions.**

IMO this doesn't belong in lugnet.market.shopping.  Please keep ads
in buy-sell-trade.

Todd: If I am incorrect, please tell me.  If I'm right, please back me up.

I think Matt posted in the right place.  Matt has established his
proprietorship "The Vault" much like an online store (where everything is
first-come-first-serve and fixed-priced) and very little like a typical
person-to-person sale.  As long as he's comfortable posting to .shopping
instead of .buy-sell-trade, it's perfectly OK.

And note that .shopping group (not the .buy-sell-trade group) is, after all,
where real stores (online or otherwise) would post about sales or new items
(possibly also crossposted to a loc group for more focus).

Here are the charters...  "The Vault" really fits into both:

   lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade (group):
      Community trading post, items wanted, items for straight sale (no
      auctions), experiences, market analysis, etc.

   lugnet.market.shopping (group):
      Retail, mail-order, and online shopping: information, discussions,
      experiences, analysis; FOTW's (Find of the Week), sales, promotions,
      coupon offers; LEGO Shop-At-Home Service (phone/flyer specials,
      availability, etc.); liquidation outlets, second-hand stores, garage
      sale tips, etc.

--Todd

[Followups to lugnet.admin.general]