 Marketplace / Shopping / 731
Re: FOTW at KMART
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 17:07:32 GMT

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:23:38 GMT, Scott Edward Sanburn
<ssanburn@aeieng.com> wrote:

It is law in Michigan. There is also a law about scanning items wrong, if the
price is different, you get 10X the amount of difference between prices. I
always changed the price if it was marked wrong when I was a cashier at Meijer.

I'm no lawyer, but I have heard that that store was legaly obliged to
sell that game for the marked price.  I was told that by a retail
manager while being trained on how to be a cashier when I was a kid.  It
could as easily be an urban legend kind of thing, but you never know.

The 10X thing sounds really whacked.

I still say he did the right thing.  I've seen numerous products that
were obviously mispriced by mistake.  Can't believe any sane person
would expect the law to back them up and force a store to honor a
price that was a misprint.

Then again, maybe that's why almost every add you'll find in a paper
or online has a disclaimer about not being responsible for misprints,
typos, etc.

Then again, I've seen hundreds of online DVD fanatics actually throw a
fit when a store (reel.com, 800.com, whatever) realizes people are
abusing their coupons/sales and cuts them off.  People DO expect a
free ride.