 Marketplace / Shopping / 732
Re: FOTW at KMART
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 18:32:55 GMT

Mike Stanley (cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com) wrote:

The 10X thing sounds really whacked.

I still say he did the right thing.  I've seen numerous products that
were obviously mispriced by mistake.  Can't believe any sane person
would expect the law to back them up and force a store to honor a
price that was a misprint.

I see the 10X thing as an incentive to fix things when they are wrong: the
first customer who reports it may get a nice bonus, but the store should then
_fix_ the problem.  It really irks me when I have to spend time finding out
that something is marked wrong, get nothing for my time, and _then_ have to
live with the fact that the clerk is just gonna throw it back on the shelf
and make the next customer go through the same fruitless exercise.

Prolly getting way off-topic here,
Steve
--
Barb & Steve Demlow  |  demlow@visi.com  |  www.visi.com/~demlow/