 Marketplace / Shopping / 722
Re: FOTW at KMART
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 05:10:54 GMT

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999 01:52:14 GMT, "Naji Norder"
<n.norder@computer.org> wrote:

I found a box (!) of polybags (Adventurer, City, and Space) priced at $0.99
each. [1]  Add on the "buy-one-get-one-1/2-off" sale, and it was quite a find!

Good deal.  I assume there's no point in me hitting the Kmarts now,
which is ok - I'm too busy spending money on DVDs. :)

[1] I see nothing wrong with purchasing mislabeled products.  Kmart, Wal-Mart,
TRU, and all other major retailers will sell you products at the lowest price
listed in the computer, on the shelf, or on the product itself.  If they didn't
want to honor their policy, they shouldn't have it!

I've actually seen and heard of stores refusing to honor mislabeled
products.  'Course, that normally ticks off the customer, but
sometimes the management thinks it's worth it.

A friend of mine who managed a software store once politely told an
enraged customer who demanded to be sold a game that was mistakenly
marked $5.99 instead of $59.99 that he would not do so.  When the
customer screamed false advertisement he said something like, "Sir,
this product was not "advertised" at that price, it was mistakenly
labeled that way by someone who started here yesterday and made an
error when using a price gun.  I'll make sure he receives better
training on the price gun and I'll be happy to sell the game to you
for the price you can see clearly here in my computer, but I will not
knowingly lose $54 because you think you deserve to profit from his
mistake."

He probably lost a customer that day, but I think it was the right
thing to do.

I'm not so sure $0.99 would absolutely have to be a mislabel
situation.  I bought an armload full of older polybags from TRU a
couple years ago for $0.50 each.

As long as the cashier didn't have a problem with ringing them up as
$0.99, even if they showed $1.99 on the scanner, no foul.  I've had it
happen both ways a few times - when the answer is no I mostly just
accept it.  Always more deals to be had.

The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/