 Marketplace / Shopping / 740
739  |  741
Subject:
retail scams (was Re: FOTW at KMART)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 14:11:13 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 21:52:24 GMT, "G. Benedikt Rochow"
<rochogb@eng.auburn.removethis.edu> wrote:

I finally got the manager (of "even if  the coupon says 'one per
person', you can't do one coupon per person"-fame), who stated
that $2.12 was indeed the price. Why not on the menu? "Oh, we'll
correct that."
That was over three months and several complaints ago, no change.
(I.e., they unashamedly utterly refuse to honor their menu
prices - pay what the register says or leave.)

One option would be to refuse.  If you have the endurance, just stay
there arguing loudly so that everyone who comes through finds out about
it.  Eventually, they'll call the police and then they'll really be in trouble.

You know what I'd do?  I'd go by there on a regular basis, order LARGE
quantities of food, bags full of special-order hamburgers, etc.  Then,
when I caught them in the act of overcharging - make a nice little
scene and refuse to pay.  That would be fun.

Unless they lowered the price, and you 'had' to pay it.  But that would
be fun.

I'm wondering where this should be brought up. McD HQ?

How about your state's attorney general or your local district attorney?

Definitely.  I'm certain they'd want to know that a franchisee is
carrying on like this.  Not the McD is a pillar of justice and good,
but I'm sure they'd prefer that their owners scam people in much more
subtle, out of the public eye ways.

Probably.  Especially if you told them you were also reporting it to law
enforcement agencies.

--Chris