 Marketplace / Shopping / 741
Re: FOTW at KMART
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 14:17:11 GMT

John DiRienzo wrote:

   In a way, this law makes a lot more sense than many others on the books.
In my area, a certain grocery chain is notorious for mislabeling their items

Which chain?  I haven't noticed that at Dierbergs or Schnucks.

I think that law enforces retailers
to be responsible about their pricing, and it could be useful (we don't have
such a law yet).

Right, that's the idea.  It prevents a form of bait and switch.  I was
trained on that law at a convenience store in St. Louis County (Rock
Hill) in 1989.  So the law - if I was taught correctly - was there at
that time.  You're in St. Louis (N. County?), right?

In some places, the manager (or even a cashier) is
allowed to tell the customer to leave and is allowed to refuse service.

That has been the policy at all retail places where I have worked
(Missouri and Illinois).  As a cashier, I essentially owned the store
and could do whatever whenever.

Others don't have that right.  This probably should go to debate, or
preferably end now.

Sorry.  ;-)

--Chris