 Marketplace / Shopping / *1539 (-100)
  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Ya, this really gets up my nose, as they say in the UK. Let's review, one more time, the blue hopper thing, because, after all, it's me that Richard is talking about. Paul made the knowledge available to a few people, including Simon Denscombe (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Canadian Tire

Does CT have a lot of these?? I'd pay 1.50 US each for: - as many copies of 2885 as I can get (up to 30) (love those drawers) - and up to 5 copies of 2872. (for the kitties, mostly) if you pay shipping... slow shipping is fine. That's not too bad a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Richard thinks its wrong for some people to have more than others, presumably whether we're talking about money, Lego sets, or whatever. He's been fairly outspoken about it before. If you didn't catch it, he was making a reference to the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I did this (10 8480's). But I often do buy multiple copies of sets - sometimes for parts, sometimes for trade. So I do not really see it as a problem... although my wife would argue the opposite. Scott A (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I think it is right. However, I respect your right to have what ever views on whatever issues you want. In my view, there is nothing worse than somebody else imposing their moral values on others. Remember "back to basics"? If people want to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: WalMart vs WalMart

(...) You've had much better luck than I have, then. I tried this with the Mystic Time Lab set (great for parts!) this Spring - on clearance for $25 at 1 Wal-Mart (bought 3) but still full price ($80?) at another. The grouchy lady there wouldn't (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Canadian Tire

(...) 2885 is a really great buy at that price. Every single pieces has multiple uses. Is the mini-drawer considered a rare piece? (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Lego on Amazon's front page this morning

No discounts, though. They do feature the RIS as a "high-tech" toy. -Tim (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Canadian Tire

(...) I think Tony left out "each." He got each set for $1.49 plus tax. :) Bryan (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) have (...) shortages. (...) When I was in high school I worked at a Crown gas station. For those of you who never heard of Crown, back in the early 80's it was the last hold out for full service gas pumping. We would regularly do $8k to $15k (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I'm posting this late at night, so I'll try to be very careful about how I frame the reply. Taking advice from an American not to wheel in the lawyers I find a bit rich. But then I see our system heading full-on into the same mistakes that the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I want some 6765 Gold City Junctions (aka Silver City) for $25 each. Unfortunately, I have to order about 100 of them from thetoyshop.com to get that price. Ugh. I've got enough backlog of stuff to part out already, and then there's the impact (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Canadian Tire

Picked up 2845, 2848, 2872, 2885 at Canadian Tire for $1.49 + tax. (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

Let me reiterate... 40 GBP is a good price for a big set like the shuttle. And if you order 20 at at time, the shipping is less than a 15% or so bump in the price. (I had an order for that number ready to go, then chickened out, don't want to hold (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Speaking of TRU online, Rachael and I received our orders today from the fire sale they were having last week. Here 2 Snowspeeders arrived just fine, but oddly enough, I only received 8 of the 9 Lightsaber Duels, even though the invoice says (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Tell Dairy Queen. (...) Customers skipping out on tabs is a different issue than employees miscounting change. I think the legal issues are different. In the first case, it's the customer that causes the shortage, in the second it's the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: WalMart vs WalMart

The trick is finding the other WalMart that has the item clearanced in the first place. This is especially difficult on the west coast: none of the stores here seem to go into the real heavy discounts. Now, other states....! Bruce :-( (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) That's a illegal activity here in Canada. The store owner has to eat it, not the till person!. Esp. a problem with restaraunts, where people run out on the bill, recently a store was charged and fined quite heavily for billing the waiter for (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... <snip> (...) I do agree. A 50% discont on an item that is already marked down 50% is unreasonable. And doing it on over 100 sets would probaly close the place down. I am not all that upset about it. You win some (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  WalMart vs WalMart

A while back there was a thread (possibly several) about how a particular set would be clearanced at one WalMart but not another. I may have stumbled into a solution... Go purchase the set where it is being sold at the attractive price. Then take (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Definitely - didn't mean to imply that it isn't. I just think that it is unreasonable to expect them to come back with a 50% discount. If you think they should do that you're likely saying that because of a technical glitch they should (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) You? Cynical? Not *our* Mike Stanley! James (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I actually haven't found this to be true. In my experience good and honest behavior are rewarded (for the most part) by a nice spot at the end of the line. There are some rare exceptions, but most nice guys (in my experience) really do seem to (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

Richard Franks wrote in message ... (...) I (...) I can tell you one thing, this thread shows me which AFOL's I would rather do business with in the future. I like a good deal also, but not at the detriment of someone else. A deal is only good if (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

I am not sure what a reasonable attitude would be, I was just give my two cents. I was looking to cash in on a good deal (no make that great deal) and I am just disappointed it didn't come through. I think that is within my rights. I know at this (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce - VISA

That may or may not be the case, my card company reported that a transaction was posted, then a refund was posted today. (redirected and trimmed general from followups) (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk)

Richard Franks wrote in message ... (...) <snip> (...) error (...) This reminds me of when the KBkids site made an error on the pricing of the X Wing fighter just a few weeks/months back. I think it was $10 below their intended sale price. They (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I agree, especially because the original posting said something similar to "This site has made an error - act quick and get 8480 for £4!!" Everyone who responded to that and placed an order was, IMO, trying their luck. Sometimes you lose, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) It's the policy of many retail industries that till shortages come out of pocket for the people on shift. That is why many retail industry workers have a policy that till overages(?) go into a pot that is used to cover shortages. James (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) We did that the other day at the drive-thru. Total was 9-something. Cashier handed my wife some coins (correct amount) and a ten and a one in exchange for a twenty. We almost didn't catch it, but did (thank goodness). When we tapped on the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) That's an unreasonable attitude, imo. Their prices already seem pretty good, especially considering they're offering sets that can't be found easily elsewhere. 10% off in addition to those pretty good prices seems like more than fair - in fact (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) Well, as someone who has moved from Massachusetts to North Carolina, I can definitely say that Yankee is used down here in a derrogatory (or at least not complimentary) fashion. Not only do we get accused of intefering with their state rights (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) if (...) his (...) Well- the morals are getting washy here. I was really only responding to the cashier thing, not the toymaster thing. I guess tho, that whether or not knew the deals were good or bad, it seems that when they contact you and (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I was just bemused that you bothered to make that statement. (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Hmm. The technic shuttle was advertised at 59 GBP off, from the original price of 99 GBP. The current price was *obviously* wrong at 4 GBP. So joe public can't do math? It's not theft, but it is (IMHO) unreasonable. The Entertainer made an (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Yes indeed. I do that all the time. I certainly can choose who I like and who I don't, can't I? (...) Nor do I. (to pursue it with The Entertainer, that is. I expect that this thread will be one to peruse for a while if you're interested, and (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

What if joe public (non-AFOL) found that site last night. Say he did not know if the deals were good or bad, and placed an order in good faith. Now he expects his items. Is that theft? Scott A (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek writes: But then, I return overages when the cashier makes change (...) Bravo! Why is it that we've gotten into to thinking that if you can't get caught, it's not stealing? i.e.- find a wallet with name and address- (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

You appear to be judging others by your standards. That aside, I think there are very little grounds for perusing this matter (expecting them to honor their prices) any further. They have offered a full refund, which is the minimum they have to to (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) I'm over here in the states and I din NOT know that. I don't feel insulted. By "of course" I assume that there is a history in the etymology of the word that makes it an insult. I think that it's in the eye of the beholder. There are the NY (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) If you live outside the UK. (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: MyFamily coupon

(...) I've had several questions on how to navigate to the deal I found, so here is step by step instructions on what I did: 1. Go to www.myfamily.com 2. Click on the "gift center" tab at the top of the page 3. Key in "lego" in the product search (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I think what Larry is saying is that anyone who has ethics that he can respect, will accept that a mistake was made, quickly corrected, and appologies sent to those who were caught up in the mess, along with a token of goodwill. Those people (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) What's not to understand? While one may have legal grounds in the US for claiming that the offer was made, if one were to do that one would not be the sort of person that I like. But then, I return overages when the cashier makes change making (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

I agree the lawyer route is defiantly not the way to go. However, if they admittedly made the mistake, meaning they were not hacked of screwed by a disgruntled employee, they should have offered a more generous compensation. Ten percent off of a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) Of course it is. I would assume anyone from your side of the pond would know that already, considering it's your word. Not that I really care, but I don't see how you could NOT know that. (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) What do you mean by this? Scott A (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) It's pretty clear now that this was an honest mistake(1). Anyone that I *like* won't push the point. The Entertainer has offered 10% off on an order to make up for it, from what I hear, although I have not yet received a reply to my inquiry, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) Things seem corrected now. It was fun to dream while it lasted. L40 is actually not such a bad price for the shuttle... (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) No, not any more than calling you guys "Brits". Jason F. (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) Looks like the game's over. Still a few good prices though. Anyone still looking for the larger "cowboy" Wild West sets would be well advised to pay them a visit. Looks like very similar stock to DYA and Busy Bee (except no trains or pirates). (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

This is the note I just received from thetoyshop.com: { Thank you for your Email. We are unable to process your order. Your card has been refunded for ALL charges made. Please accept our apologies. Our site was displaying incorrect information due (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  E-mail from the ToyShop

(...) I'm not sure if you are wrong. It broke my heart to see those prices and me not in on it, so I sent them an e-mail asking basically "what's up?" Here is what they wrote: "Thank you for your Email. Please accept our apologies. Our site was (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) Is "yanks" insulting. If so oops and sorry. Scott A (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) I doubt "the yanks" will get any at all, but I could be wrong. I don't know if I'd expect a store to come through on what would have to be back-breaking prices. I've seen larger companies come through on obvious mistakes (like Borders honoring (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) Arg! The yanks get them tax free! (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  #6250 AND 6280 from DYA/COUNTDOWN

Hi Legofans, Facing to success about sets 6250 and 6280, I inform you these 2 lego references will be listed on DYA website this afternoon, from 14:00 to 18:00 (french hour). If I sell at 15:00 all the sets, I'll automatically delete these 2 (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) little (...) It was not for that much, just 8 of the Technic Space Shuttles. I had used this same card for other overseas purchases. I know I used it for DYA and I think I used it for Busy Bee as well. Just kind of odd. (...) My mother got (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO

(...) trucks (...) cannot be (...) managers (...) neat (...) We use those same type of seals at work on the containers we ship overseas. I think that they are VERY common in exporting and probably also in domestic businesses where there is a higher (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO

Interesting. They used to be orange. Maybe someone made off with a batch of orange ones and they had to change the color. Hmmmm.... (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) Yeah, heaven forbid that anyone on this side of the pond find out about a good deal in the UK. After all, we never tell them... (Before launching flaming responses, check the follow-up.) James (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) How big was it, and was this the first time you've bought from overseas with this card in that sort of amount when you weren't actually present? Reason I ask is when I paid for the BusyBee hoppers, Paul and I had a deuce of a time, we could (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) the site: Our site is temporarily unavailable due to updating. We hope to be operating normally again later today (30th November, 1999). Please try us again soon. (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) It stopped working and I called the company and they told me it was blocked for a fraudulent use alert. It might be OK, as they called me to verify an order from DYA before for the same reason. Nobody home, so they probably just put a stop on (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:46:57 GMT, Larry Pieniazek uttered the following profundities... (...) with IE5, right click in the relevant frame, click print, and there you go! (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  cybermaster, 5561

I was in the VA outlet store today to pick up some more 5542's (train window glass) and I noticed they had 5561's for (I think) $59, and 8482 cybermasters for $129. They also had a TON of stock in the back that they were trying to figure out what to (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

Think bigger... Here is my order. Order Details: Qty Product Cost 20 Aquashark Sea Wolf 6190 GBP: 1.70 30 Fort Apache 6769 GBP: 2.98 20 LEGO Silver City 6765 GBP: 1.36 10 Lego Technic 8266 'Blue Flash VS Arachnophob' GBP: 1.70 10 Lego Insectoids (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) Ah, don't worry, they have our names and addresses too, so they'll probably send us a little pressie from the Bahahamas. Richard (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) The Entertainer Website has been up for a while - it's an established name. I was not implying that the site was a fake, but that database entries could have been changed for items. In which case they would show up on the site, and on the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) Whoops, I did NOT mean to imply that because Yahoo found it, that the DNS entry was legitimate. But I think it is... going to networksolutions.com and doing a search of DNS (URL) what I feel is a legitimate address etc for a store based in the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Hmm

Don't know if you've all seen this but there is a quite amazing deals going on at www.thetoyshop.com Things like the rock raiders base for 4.80 British Pounds (sorry, don't have the key for that on my US keyboard) even with sipping it's rather (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <3842F451.7B36DF2E@v...er.net>... (...) What did the shipping come to on this? I wanted to order three (3) Silver City (6765) sets. The shipping was £42.54 on a £4.80 order. Now $75 for three sets is a good deal but (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

If their system is broken, it's broken badly. I just got my confirming email and the prices matched what the site had. No hackers would bother with this sophisticated of a trap, even if one could subvert DNS... (doing a search: (URL) you a link to (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

I have a hard time believing it as well. This is too good to be true, talk about SOTM (Sale of the Millennium). Maybe they just aren't up to date with that new Y2K thing. :-) -Nick Richard Franks wrote in message ... (...) site. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

(...) Except for the part, on the front-page, that says Technic Shuttle: Was £99, save $59, pay £4. (...) We will find out tomorrow morning I guess - sleep well everybody! Richard (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

Wow. And they seem to ship to the US too, for decent rates. I did an amazing order... 20 shuttles, 20 silver cities, 30 fort apaches. I could not print it out, due to the site being done with frames... so it may just be a dream. We shall see what (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: US S@H Specials Nov 29 - Dec 5, 1999, for db

(...) Unless something has changes, Treasure Guard is no more ... -- pn :( (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: MyFamily coupon

(...) Rose, Click here to shop at myfamily.com (URL) Rich (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: MyFamily coupon

When I went to this site it says that it is e web site for creating your own webpage. Do you have to do this? Is there any way around it? Rose Steve Martin wrote in message ... (...) you (...) and a (...) in (...) the (...) "Phase (...) your (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Get $15 off a$40 order at toysrus.com

Mark Herzberg wrote in message ... (...) you (...) Your total bill will be for the regular amount, however, the next page will show billing info and on this page you will find the deduct. If you follow the link to TRU a banner will show up at the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  US S@H Specials Nov 29 - Dec 5, 1999, for db

(URL) Primo Fishing Net $16.50 $ 8.75 2098 Tommy Tugboat $11.00 $ 5.50 Scala 3103 Male Scala Doll $ 8.75 $ 4.50 Belville 5387 Beach Accessories $ 3.50 $ 1.75 System 6490 Amazon Crossing $16.50 $ 8.75 2161 Aquadozer $27.50 $13.75 6029 Treasure Guard (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Free Shipping from Buy.com

If you were like me and tried to redeem the $10 off for repeat customers last night and kept running into a web server timeout, place your order today and then call buy.com - 888.880.1030 and ask for a credit on the shipping. Sounds like they have (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  MyFamily coupon

I found this coupon on www.deal-finder.com. They have the DACTA sets that you can buy. I bought 2 of the the DACTA roof sets (about 500 pieces total) and a door set (30 doors, 70 windows/glass/shutters) for about $38 (once you add in shipping). (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO

(...) It does! I was driving on the highway and a TRU truck drove by- I looked for the zip-tie- and there it was! It was blue. Chris (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU.com price drop

(...) i'm getting the same thing... it may have only been last friday, or perhaps throughout the weekend... everything appears to be back at regular prices now (just like last wednesday) J (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU.com price drop

It's probably over. But who can say for sure? TRU.com has made the business press lately. And it's not exactly positive press, they are getting lambasted for how bad the site is. (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Ebay Searching

(...) There's also the newly enhanced feature on Kevin Loch's site that lets you search for sets-- on each set's instruction scan page, a search box appears in the upper right hand corner to let you search for that set. Not as dynamic as John (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU.com price drop

Is this sale still in effect? For some reason I can not get the site to show anything other than the regular prices for these sets. -Pete Haughton onyx wrote in message ... (...) sale at (...) lower (...) predicted a (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Ebay Searching

(...) Yes, it's on John DiRienzo's page. Here's the URL: (URL) useful, thanks to John for putting it together! Heather Patey St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada Pirate Wench / Brick Detective (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO books for "FREE"

(...) Thanks for the tip Hari! I already had most of the books there, but being a Toy Story 2 fan, I ordered the Ultimate Guide to Toy Story 2 (or something like that) from the same people (DK) who brought us the Ultimate Guide to LEGO toys (great (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Get $15 off a$40 order at toysrus.com

(...) Look closely near the top of the screen under your shoppping cart and you should see the coupon. Even if you don't. Buy whatever you want and when you check out, as long as you spent the needed amount, the coupon should be automaticlly applied (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Get $15 off a$40 order at toysrus.com

I have a questions about these coupons. I did as you instructed, going to the falamingo site, found the toys R us section, and then when I would click on them, it would send me to toys are us??? I could not find these coupons that you had talked (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO books for "FREE"

(...) Of course, I noticed this little disclaimer in the popup window the site triggers: "Shipping method will be selected by BUY.COM." I hope they don't "select" the trickle-down method, or the messenger prairie-dog method, or the galley slave (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO books for "FREE"

(...) Todd- I'd be really surprised if he didn't. After all, his monies are drawn from what the retailer pays the distributor, and as far as we know it's buy.com who's taking the hit on their P/L to promote their site. All that matters is they sold (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO books for "FREE"

(...) Thanks for the great tip on this one, Hari. Lugnet heresy, I actually used this deal to score a free non-lego book. I used it to get Angela's Ashes for my wife as a Christmas present. We have a $ limit on gifts, so anything I can get her for (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO books for "FREE"

Frustrate? I want to kiss your feet. Well not really, but you know what I mean. Thanks for saving me some coin. I can hardly wait to get the two small building books and as for the Mindstorms book, that will be WAY cool. Thanks again. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO books for "FREE"

Thanks for the correction Larry. I hope I did not frustrate too many people. =Hari= Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <383FECF5.A050031@vo...er.net>... (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO books for "FREE"

(...) Heh, I noticed the same thing after filling out the form and having it slowly dawn upon me that I couldn't get them to mail to Canada. My fault for living in the UK I suppose, which has *nothing* like these offers. Still, with $15 Cdn, you can (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO books for "FREE"

Ugh, Canadian shoppers have to use the canada.buy.com service, which only offers $15.00 Cdn ($10.00 US) for free and only sells computer stuff. Like I can get anything for my computer for that. -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman (URL) "If you strike me (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact