 Local / United Kingdom / 1978
Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 01:38:35 GMT

Mike Poindexter wrote:

I just placed an order and within minutes, my card had been blocked by
Mastercard for fraudulent activity suspicion.  I did notice that there is no
secure server icon in my IE bar at the bottom of the window, so I am a little
worried.

How big was it, and was this the first time you've bought from overseas
with this card in that sort of amount when you weren't actually present?

Reason I ask is when I paid for the BusyBee hoppers, Paul and I had a
deuce of a time, we could not get my card issuers to approve the
transaction, I had to call and call and call. We basically had to do it
while I was on the phone with Paul at the same time I was on the phone
with my issuer. Of course that was an over 1000 dollar transaction. Cost
me over 20 USD in LD charges.

These issuers have fraud detection that shuts down transactions from
overseas that seem "suspicious". Usually a good thing although I wish
they'd call me about it instead of just silently shutting it down. I
think Paul was convinced I was a deadbeat (!!) (me?? LOL) at one point.

BTW, all the rest of you 'murricans are lucky I hang out here in loc.uk
too, I was the first to post this to market.shopping, I think. :-)