 Marketplace / Shopping / 1457
1456  |  1458
Subject:
Free Shipping from Buy.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:59:00 GMT

If you were like me and tried to redeem the $10 off for repeat customers
last night and kept running into a web server timeout, place your order
today and then call buy.com - 888.880.1030 and ask for a credit on the
shipping.  Sounds like they have had lots of calls today.  I asked about
credit card orders of less than $1.00 and was told that they actually
process two transactions, a debit for the amount of the sale followed by a
credit (in this case $10) for any coupons.  This gets around the credit card
purchase of less than $1.00 that someone mentioned.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh