 Star Wars / 4740
Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:21:51 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Greg Crisp writes:
Interesting.  They used to be orange.  Maybe someone made off with a batch of
orange ones and they had to change the color.  Hmmmm....

Christopher Lannan wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Greg Crisp writes:

Anyway, for whatever reason, that is the way of TRU.  Also of note, the • trucks
are locked and un-locked by the store managers.  Also, they use big rubber
zip-tie like devices to insure that the truck has not been opened during
transit.  In order to open the truck, the "zip-tie" must be cut, and • cannot be
put back together without obvious signs of tampering.  Only the store • managers
have the "zip-ties", and they coded with serial numbers.  It's actually a • neat
system.

Hope this helps shed some light in the darkness.

Greg
It does! I was driving on the highway and a TRU truck drove by- I looked for
the zip-tie- and there it was! It was blue.

Chris

--

G. Crisp - gcrisp@mindspring.com

We use those same type of seals at work on the containers we ship overseas.  I
think that they are VERY common in exporting and probably also in domestic
businesses where there is a higher risk of theft.

Mike Poindexter