 Marketplace / Shopping / 1440
Re: LEGO books for "FREE"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 22:51:02 GMT

Ugh, Canadian shoppers have to use the canada.buy.com service, which only
offers $15.00 Cdn ($10.00 US) for free and only sells computer stuff.  Like
I can get anything for my computer for that.

--

Paul Davidson, aka Tinman
   http://theForce.net

Hari Wiguna <hari@mindvision.com> wrote in message
I've just ordered Jonathan Knudsen's book "Lego Mindstorms Robots" for
$0.11.
Yes, ELEVEN CENTS!!!  How?!

Step 1 - Go to http://www.flamingoworld.com/

Step 2 - Click on "$20 off a $20 order" under buy.com section.

Step 3 - When you're at buy.com, click on "Books" tab

Step 4 - Search for "LEGO" at buy.com.

Step 5 - Purchase whichever LEGO book you desire.
They have both MindStorms books (Dave Baum's apparently is not shipping
yet?!).
They have "The Ultimate LEGO Universe" for $12.96, Crazy Contraptions • $12.96
And a few more LEGO books that I'm not familiar with.

Another tip: If you need to bring up the total to $20, consider searching
for "Stickers".  I ordered a few stickers at 75 cents each to bring my • total
to $20.11

PS: Spend your $20 wisely, since supposedly it is good only for new
customers.
I didn't dare try to use the coupon twice, I feel guilty enough getting a
$25 book for 11 cents.