 Marketplace / Shopping / *12039 (-100)
  Re: 7471 Mars Exploration Rover $29.99 at eToys

"David W. Speck" <dwspeck@us.ibm.com> wrote in message news:I9z067.1v0r@lugnet.com... (...) Seems like a pretty good deal! Also on sale was the Mission to Mars set for $15 (50% off) Set number 7469 and has 417 pieces: (URL) the two, and add a $5 off (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  7471 Mars Exploration Rover $29.99 at eToys

eToys and KB Toys are offering the Mars Exploration Rover for $29.99 (from $90). Set number 7471 has 857 pieces: (URL) for Lego Mars on their homepage, or try a direct route: (URL) offers 4% back from these sites, and if you spend $99 you will get (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  US S@H Specials, Jan 5 - 11, 2005

(URL) (hit 1 when the recording starts, then hit 1 again when the S@H Specials recording starts, to skip the listings and get to a representative) 4Juniors/Jack Stone/Max Creator 4612 Super Glider $ 3.99 $ 2.00 Baby/Duplo/Primo/Explore 3588 Heavy (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.announce.lsahs)

  Re: 4886 Building Bonanza available in North America!

(...) Shucks, I waited too long to order 4886. I was going to get one for my birthday on Groundhog's eve. It's now backordered until April 28th. Well... Procrastinating Bert (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  CircuitCity.com has LEGO available

(URL) City with LEGO?? Seems odd to me. Since Circuit City is not a store I enter often (only twice ever that I recall) I wonder if any of the retail stores in the USA have LEGO on store shelves. Anyone ever seen LEGO at Circuit City stores?? My (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: initial markdowns at one WM store

(...) (snip) (...) Some W-M's have even better deals. I went to three today in my area. The first and third (Manassas and Culpeper, VA) had the prices mentioned. The second (Warrenton, VA) had: Ogel's Mountain Fortress for $27 Draco's Encounter With (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Toy store won't sell me any Lego!

As a general rule, retail district managers aren't the brightest people. I would suggest going above this DM's head to an operations chief, appear in dispair, and you may even get a $100 gift card for the mess. Or, if you're so inclined, go to a (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toy store won't sell me any Lego!

(...) I went shopping yesterday. The KB in Chandler Arizona had some soldout sets. Any way I asked the DM that was in the store and asked him if I wanted to buy a few dozen of the sets that I had in my hand would he stop the sale. He replied NO I (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: initial markdowns at one WM store

(...) One of the three WMs that I check near me had these clearance sets as well, in addition they had several of the 2004 Alpha Team sets, including the large base, for about 25 - 30% off. I just found it odd, that one store had so many while the (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Online Deals on 12/29/2004

(...) Thanks for doing this - it's really helpful. -- Pawel (URL) (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toy store won't sell me any Lego!

Michael, I worked at KB Toys back in my college years (1996-1998) and the poicy at the time was that we (KBToys) had the top toys that others did not. At the time that was the Hasbro Star Wars Figures, Hot Wheel Cars, and off course the Holidy (...) (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toy store won't sell me any Lego!

(...) This is such a bizarre story.... perhaps you should contact your local TV news station. Most cities have "problem solvers" type news reporters who find stories that they try to solve, usually against corrupt businesses. But this one would make (...) (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Online Deals on 12/29/2004

In lugnet.market.shopping, Todd Thuma wrote: Hey Thanks for the Update!!!! Don't forget that many online retailers have affinity programs, so if you want to fund your favorite charity, you can go through that website's affinity link. For example, (...) (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Online Deals on 12/29/2004

I was looking around on the Internet and found the following deals posted to the websites indicated on 12/29/2004: Wal*Mart (URL) LEGENDS: Main Street - normally $65 - now $45.00 4756 Harry Potter: Shrieking Shack - norm $48.88 - now $33.00 4745 (...) (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Play Table $100 at SamsClub (YMMV)

(...) I bought one of these for my wife's Dr's Office. She has a play area for the kids. The come unassembled and you have to put them together. I just wanted to say that I was very impressed by the workmanship and sturdiness of the table/chairs. (...) (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toy store won't sell me any Lego!

(...) This all sounds crazy --- but hey, it's a big world with lots of crazies! The average retailer would die for a customer who steadily $500 to $1500, espeically week after week. Heck, a customer like would get special treatment most places. (...) (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

"Marc Nelson Jr." <legomarc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:I9G985.CzI@lugnet.com... (...) stores (...) the (...) This is fairly easy to verify; KB Toys has posted the list of stores scheduled to close. The list is here: (URL) Either that, or (...) (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toy store won't sell me any Lego!

(...) That would not surprise me at all. Some of the shipping cartons for stuff that Dollar General got last year, left me with the impression that it *may* have been stuff originally consigned to KB. Likewise, a DM from CVS told me that some of the (...) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toy store won't sell me any Lego!

(...) If the store happens to be KBToys, they have a website with consumer information that also lists the stores that are slated to be closed during 2005. (URL) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toy store won't sell me any Lego!

In lugnet.general, Michael Hall wrote: (interesting story...) Hard to believe, even for KB. I thought they actually sold OVER retail in some cases? TRU used to give a small discount if you bought over 1000 USD at a time, if you knew to ask for it. (...) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toy store won't sell me any Lego!

(...) Well, that's certainly wacky, but I can offer one possible interpretation based upon my limited experience in retail. I worked at a small game/hobby store from 97 through 99 that sold a lot of role-playing games (among other stuff). One (...) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toy store won't sell me any Lego!

In lugnet.general, Michael Hall wrote: SNIP (...) I've noticed recently that a few of the nearby KB locations (in Baltimore/Central MD) have looked really empty. My guess is that these stores are on the chopping block for closure - although this has (...) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toy store won't sell me any Lego!

(...) Oh, what the hay. I don't want to get any of the employees at the stores in trouble, because they are all really friendly and great people, but I will release the store name anyway. The assistant manager, who is my favorite, is leaving anyway. (...) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toy store won't sell me any Lego!

(...) For a while, they were sending lots of sets and I was buying a good deal of them. The shelves weren't close to empty and I would leave some for the kids to buy. For some reason, that changed about three or four weeks ago, when they stopped (...) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toy store won't sell me any Lego!

(...) I agree with Dave, this is crazy, I think it might even be considered silly or rediculous. If you are actually paying retail as you say I can't see why they would care how much you bought. From your description I have to assume this is either (...) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toy store won't sell me any Lego!

(...) This seems extrmemly odd to me. Based on other posts you have made to LUGNET, I will assume that it is either TRU or KB. TRU can be a little funky at times, and I think KB is on the way out anyway. A small town toy store would not likely have (...) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toy store won't sell me any Lego!

(...) Wow, that's CRAZY. I guess maybe I could see them worried about the stocking situation-- since IIRC Toys R Us managers can't control their inventory, they just get what's sent to them (assuming this is TRU or some store with a similar policy). (...) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Toy store won't sell me any Lego!

Okay, here’s a kicker for you and I’m wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone else. I just got back from my local toy store (I won’t name which one yet) and was told that I couldn’t by large amounts of Lego from them anymore. This (...) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping) !

  Re: Play Table $100 at SamsClub (YMMV)

My local Sam's dropped them further, to $79.21 each. There were 15+ left at $99 a week ago, but 4 left at this price... 2 left after I left the store ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ home *(URL) Visual FAQ Home (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  initial markdowns at one WM store

One WM store I checked this morning had some sets on initial markdown. The toy dept manager told me there would most likely be more sets with price markdowns after the 'January reset' information is received. [LEGOSet 4504] marked to $75 [LEGOSet (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Walmart Sale

Walmart has several sets on sale, including the spidy-man 2 sets, but what I really like is MAIN STREET #10041 for $45 (URL) (20 years ago, 25-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

"Fredrik Nyman" <fredriknyman@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:I96w1q.5MD@lugnet.com... (...) #1) Black windows and doors. #2) Grey shutters. #3) Decent selection of roof elements. #4) Fences Here is the Peeron inventory: (URL) am sure there are (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4886 Building Bonanza available in North America!

(...) Thanks for the 'heads up' Bryan--I just placed my order. I would've wanted to order more than I did, but I'm saving my money for the re-release of the Maersk ship--I'd love a few more of those as well. Again, thanks for the info! :) Dave K (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4886 Building Bonanza available in North America!

(...) The new xPods are now showing up on S@H (finally !) This may mean that all (or most) of the Jan/2005 new releases have been uploaded to the site. Here is a link to (URL) What's New> (...) Good move. In fact, a very good move. Lets let that (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: 4886 Building Bonanza available in North America!

(...) It's a house with a back, the first one in a long time (unless you count Blacksmith Shop)... I think it also has some good window colors. I think it worthwhile to buy a copy or two just to encourage TLC to make a few more like it. I'm not (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4886 Building Bonanza available in North America!

(...) My take on it is that most of the parts are non-theme specific. There aren't any specialized pieces (i.e. Star Wars laser cannons, Harry Potter minifig, click hinges, etc) so this would be a good set to buy for those interested in adding (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

What makes it such a great deal? Sure, it's a nice set, but what's so special about it? "Bryan Wong" <green_paper@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:I96v8w.209E@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  4886 Building Bonanza available in North America!

Hi all, I just found out on Classic Castle that (URL) Building Bonanza> is available in North America! US$39.99, or CDN$59.99 (for 667 non-juniorized pieces that's quite the deal!) I'd buy a few for myself if it didn't come with... err nevermind. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, FTX)

  US S@H Specials, Dec 22 - 28, 2004

(URL) (hit 1 when the recording starts, then hit 1 again when the S@H Specials recording starts, to skip the listings and get to a representative) 4Juniors/Jack Stone/Max Creator 4667 Loadin' Digger $ 7.99 $ 4.00 4668 Outrigger Construction Crane (...) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.announce.lsahs)

  Re: One last Spring Cleaning set

(...) Is that what you get when you cross Tuesday and Thursday? (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4 new X-pod sets

(...) Probably old news by now, but... I found the new x-Pod sets today at the TRU in Gainesville, FL (although the stockers had hidden them behind the valences over the LEGO section :/ ). TRU is selling them for $3.99. Ray (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Play Table $100 at SamsClub (YMMV)

I don't know if any of the other Sam's Clubs are running this deal, but my local one has the play table shown at (URL) marked down to $99.something. I'm actually considering getting one for my nephew at that price...though when (IF) he gets it, it (...) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Lego kiosks in malls?

(...) If you mail/phone/Internet order something from out of state you do not pay tax unless that company is located in the same state you are. That's true for most if not all states, including California. Trouble is I think different states have (...) (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Lego kiosks in malls?

(...) Now everyone knows my pain. I live in Phoenix and we don't have a Lego Store yet. So shipping is a real killer. However I would rather pay shipping then paying tax. If you order from out of state (all except for California) you do not have to (...) (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Lego kiosks in malls?

(...) It looks like the current strategy is to open year-round stores with Pick-A-Brick in a few places rather than have kiosks in a lot of places. Yeah, it sucks for people in areas without a LEGO store, but maybe you'll get one next year. (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Lego kiosks in malls?

(...) Yeah, I remember returning at least 50 (URL) 4708s> from our kiosk alone. At least I got to sell LEGO at least once in my life (until they open a Brand Retail store in (URL)!). Marc Nelson Jr. (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Lego kiosks in malls?

I would say that the amount of excess stock/stock that was returned by Walden books in the last few years (and I bought up through liqudiators/clearance outfits) meant they sure didn't sell what they had expected, and yes even up here in Canada (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: lego store in toronto

Check www.thetoyblox.com, they seem to have most current stuff, and are located in Whitby. If you can't find items there we do have a warehouse the is our storage/stock for Www.LastingToys.Com, which doesn't open for retail normally but we are (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Tanker 10016 Out of Stock

It probably is sold out, I am able to buy all other cars wholesale, but 10016 is not available, 10013/14/15/17 are, so probably gone, guard them well!!! (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Lego kiosks in malls?

(...) Those were a Waldenbooks/Borders operation. I worked in one when I was at Waldenbooks during Christmas 2002. My kiosk (in Towson, MD) did terribly - we ended up doing about 19% of the sales we had planned on making. A big part of the problem (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Lego kiosks in malls?

Last year LEGO put up small kiosks in malls during the Holiday shopping season? Are they doing that again this year? In suburban Philadelphia, we have the massive King of Prussia shopping center. Last year LEGO had a kiosk in the "Court" portion of (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Tanker 10016 Out of Stock

I do not know if this is old news, but the 10016 Tanker is listed as "Sold Out' on the S@H website. I hope not because I would like to add some more cars to the collection. (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  lego store in toronto

Hey y'all- Someone several weeks back posted that there is a lego store in Toronto (I think the addy was Yonge and Dundas, I'm not sure). Does this store contain ALL currently released lego technic sets (8455, 8435, 8436 etc)? Also, does anyone know (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: US S@H Specials, Dec 15 - 21, 2004

Tom just managed to get up early for once, and didn't pile into work right away. I'm still [totally] swamped with work and working on our first house (MAN, is it a blast to finally be able to cut holes in a wall if I want to, and not have to worry (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: US S@H Specials, Dec 15 - 21, 2004

In lugnet.market.shopping, Thomas Stangl wrote: <snip> Woot! Tom's back! Dave K (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  US S@H Specials, Dec 15 - 21, 2004

(URL) (hit 1 when the recording starts, then hit 1 again when the S@H Specials recording starts, to skip the listings and get to a representative) 4Juniors/Jack Stone/Max Creator 4668 Outrigger Construction Crane $14.99 $ 7.50 (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.announce.lsahs)

  A couple of older sets found in Roses

I went into a Roses store (NC, US) yesterday and saw that they had a few older Lego sets available. Nothing interested me, but I thought it was neat to still see some of these things for sale at retail: 8002 Destroyer Droid - $30 6713 Grip-n-Go (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

S@H is to expensive in Australia. I prefer to buy from EBAY in the US and pay the additional $30USD shipping. When you add $40 AUD to the price of a purchase and it's still cheaper than S@H, you soon learn not to bother. (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

In lugnet.market.shopping, Daniel Siskind wrote: "> (...) This is normal for paypal. If I use my paypal card at a gas pump it will show up with two charges on my account. The first charge is the authorization the gas company does. The second is the (...) (20 years ago, 12-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: SW Mini at Food4Less

(...) They have other LEGO too, just thought the SW mini would be of more interest to AFOL. I think they had those little 100 part creator "canisters" (4026/4027) for something like $1.29 (not sure, but definitely under 2 bucks). Those would make (...) (20 years ago, 11-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: SW Mini at Food4Less

In lugnet.market.shopping, Darrell Urbien wrote: I thought that name sounded familiar. Food4Less is one of the Kroger brands (where the 4400 tubs were spotted recently). A list of Kroger store names can be seen (URL) here>. I wonder if any of the (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: SW Mini at Food4Less

(...) And if you look at my question I just posted about the general availablity of these sets, clearly I walked into a Food4Less and was surprised to see these there. I bought most of the x-wing/ties on general impulse, but was thinking maybe I (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

(...) Wow! Working 60 & 70 hours a week will take it's toll on anybody. That and these short winter days and the holiday rush only add fuel to the fire. You mention that you have a family so there's more or your time divied up. Granted you have (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

In lugnet.market.shopping, Daniel Siskind wrote: (snip) I've ordered from S@H dozens of times, possibly over a hundred different times by now, and never ever had a single problem with either phone order (in the pre-website days) or the web service. (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

In lugnet.market.shopping, Daniel Siskind wrote: snip (...) What does the above passage refer to? What kind of special treatment do train clubs and "elite AFOLs" get? Marc Nelson Jr. (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

I ordered $366 worth through the web site on Sunday afternoon. With 2nd (...) I have gone through almost the exact experience, I purchased a large S@H order, TLC charged my card, then sent an email saying the order was canceled. as Daniel said, I (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

In lugnet.market.shopping, Daniel Siskind wrote: <snip> (...) See, much nicer with the wording. Maybe it is me, but I liked how you presented yourself in this posting much more than the other one. Dave K -can't we all just... get along... ;) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

In lugnet.market.shopping, Daniel Siskind wrote: <snip> (...) Eh, I've been off-base before, but that's the way the message presented itself to me. You've stated that you've had various negative dealings with TLC--my dealings with them have been (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

(...) I guess thanks are in order to you Jake for looking in on this for me. I was not looking for any kind of special intervention to resolve this issue, which is why I didn't use any of my "pull" with employees I know in the first place. My point (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

(...) Not to add fuel to the fire, but coming from a person who has actually benefitted financially from TLG, this has got to be pretty serious... -Bryan (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

(...) You are way off the mark here. I love the building system, have been playing with it for over 20 years. Yet I find it impossible to give any more money to a company has little regard for its cutomers other than making a profit from them and (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

(...) I seriously doubt that you'd get a "Jake who?" from anyone but the rollover call center. I worked and lived in Enfield for two years and have traveled back and forth there regularly for a year before and a year after. I've worked with and (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  New Designer sets & RC parts appearing on S@H

I noticed these new items have appeard on Lego™ S@H. Some of them do not have pictures yet. 7244 Speedboat (no pictures, except for the "zoom" feature works). 4881 Robo Platoon (no pics) 4882 Speed Wings (no pics) The following items appear to be (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

(...) Indeed... and whos to say that the same thing isn't happening to non-AFOLs using the same type of card (PayPal or otherwise) ? TLC should be big enough (and have have a loud enough voice) to talk to PayPal and get something resolved about the (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

In addition to other people's posts, I think it's also good to remember that in the month before Christmas, a toy company probably hires a ton of temp workers to man their phones. I'd be totally surprised if there weren't any screwups. (...) Not (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

(...) Paypal is not exactly a bastion of customer service either. Clearly they enjoy their position as a market leader and the ability to bully and neglect their consumers that comes with it. I do agree that it's unfair to to chastise a company for (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

(...) But, I seem to recall that PayPal goes to great lengths to say they're not a "bank"... As someone who both knows Dan, and has been a fan of LEGO for nearly 40 years, I'm leaning towards the "this is a busy season at Shop@Home" line of thought, (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

(...) You may well get a "Jake who?".. he doesn't sit in Enfield and may not be in their phone system. Also I am not sure that Jake can (or should) help in specific cases. He doesn't work for Shop at Home. He's also not necessarily tasked with (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

(...) I agree, let the bank fight it out for you. That is why we pay what we pay is service fees to the banks. Call Paypal and tell them the whole situation, they should take care of it for you. If they don't you can make an ideal threat to contact (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

(...) Woah you had me scared for a bit. Looking at your subject and the way you started off your message, I thought you ordered original light grey brick packs and received new light grey brick packs (would've been worse if it involved dark (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

(...) I can understand being frustrated, but writing off the entirety of the LEGO company because one keyboard jockey at S@H made a mistake is pretty lame. It can often take weeks to resolve credit card mistakes because of the lengthy processes (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

In lugnet.market.shopping, Daniel Siskind wrote: <snip> (...) Are you sure this wasn't a PayPal issue? I remember reading a while back that when you use PayPal to purchase something, PayPal 'blocks off' the monetary ammount from your credit card (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

  US S@H Phone Specials, Dec 8 to Dec 14

(URL) (hit 1 when the recording starts, then hit 1 again when the S@H Specials recording starts, to skip the listings and get to a representative) US S@H Phone Specials, Dec 8 to Dec 14 Duplo 3278 Wallpaper Wendy 4.99 2.49 Clickits 7510 Trendy Tote (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.announce.lsahs)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

Wow!!! That is crazy. I can see an "amateur start-up" making that kind of rookie mistake but that shouldn't happen at a seasoned place like our dear Lego Shop@Home. I had one order this fall that was pretty messed up as well. I ordered a bunch of (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

(...) Wait a minute. That's Daniel Siskind, as in "creator of LEGO set ´3739 Blacksmith shop´"? And I thought TLG would send flowers at your birthdays and lots of free stuff at christmas! :( Well, know-nothing company ogres can be that way. But I (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)

At the last weekend's GMLTC showing, I found out from another club member that LEGO still had some of the light gray brick packs available. Still in need of several thousand pre-2004 light gray bricks to finish the stand for battleship project, I (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego) !!

  BOGO-50-off at US Toys R Us stores

The online ad-copy page for Toys R Us... (URL) a Buy-One-Get-One-50-off on ALL Lego priced $7.99 - $99.99. If that price range is correct, then it leaves out the new Pods. Drat ! Someone want to check if that includes clearanced priced stuff (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: One last Spring Cleaning set

(...) Yes...but limit 1 free :o( It would be difficult to get any kind of quantity. (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: One last Spring Cleaning set

(...) This week Kmart circular has special buy one get one free for this bucket, Saturday (Dec.11) only. (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.market.shopping)

  SW Sets at Target

In Targets add this weekend they had the Millenium Falcon for 78.87 and the X-WING for 37.87. Thats about 20% off (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  SW Mini at Food4Less

Hi, Don't know if this is general knowledge or not, but they sell LEGO at Food4Less! Who knew? Anyway, they're blowing out the entire first set of SW mini (4484,4485,4486, and 4487) for 2 for $5.00. Fairly cheap way to get a squadron of X wings/TIE (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Green Baseplates going out of style?

(...) I have seen WM dumping those on and off for the past year (never found any less than $3 tho). I think its mostly the computer system deciding that its a very slow moving item and dumping it. Last time I checked, TRU had plenty of these in (...) (20 years ago, 5-Dec-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Creator Tub with Bonus Box on sale US 14.99 TRU.com

(...) I don't think they are. You can ask...but I'm not sure the red tubs are in-store anymore anyways. LFB (20 years ago, 4-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Creator Tub with Bonus Box on sale US 14.99 TRU.com

(...) Does anyone know if these sales are also available in store? There are other sets I'd like to get, but the shipping on these is brutal, and then on top of that they want to charge taxes too! I dont want to get just lots of versions of the red (...) (20 years ago, 4-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Creator Tub with Bonus Box on sale US 14.99 TRU.com

Here's the link: (URL) (20 years ago, 4-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Kroger 400+300 red tubs

I saw these boxes in the local Kroger store selling for $14.99. Anyone know what is in them? With the other deals (TRU, Walgreens) they seem kinda expensive! ;-) Hoping they go on sale sometime soon... - Ram - (20 years ago, 4-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Creator Tub with Bonus Box on sale US 14.99 TRU.com

Hi everyone, Now that I have my sixteen securely ordered and on their way, I can share this. :) TRU.com has the big $20 tubs on sale for $15 each, free shipping over $50, and no limit seemingly. It's not under the set number; search on "creator (...) (20 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Lugnet Affiliate Partners for Online Shopping

(...) OK.. 7 months later I just tried to click on the link for eToys. It says that the target site is no longer a member of Commision Junction. Perhaps these links (at least that one) need to be reviewed for currency ? thx, Ray (20 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Alphateam sets at TRU

I was in TRU this morning and found that they had the new Alpha Team set #4770. The employee said that they are suppose to get in before the start of the Jewish holidays (being next week) more of the 2005 sets. Larry (20 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: One last Spring Cleaning set

(...) My local K-Mart didn't have the buckets on Friday for the BOBO, but they have them now for the 20% off sale. Priced at $8.49 at one Southern California location. The biggest difference from 4679 bonus parts is that nearly all the left/right (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact