 General / 49886
Re: Toy store won't sell me any Lego!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 02:52:26 GMT

"Marc Nelson Jr." <legomarc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:I9G985.CzI@lugnet.com...
I've noticed recently that a few of the nearby KB locations (in
Baltimore/Central MD) have looked really empty. My guess is that these • stores
are on the chopping block for closure - although this has been denied by • the
employees I spoke to.

This is fairly easy to verify; KB Toys has posted the list of stores
scheduled to close.

The list is here:
http://www.kbtinfo.com/FINAL_GOB_List_for_web_site_11-04-04.pdf

Either that, or KB's vendors are cutting them off from further shipments • because
KB owes them money. Either way, there's no reason for them not to sell you • as
much LEGO as possible. But we're talking about KB here, so nothing really
surprises me.

This wouldn't make sense; if the store is scheduled to close, it's in KB's
interest to
sell its inventory now rather than at a significant discount next month, or
have to pay to
have it shipped to a different store and sold at the current price whenever.