 General / 49882
Re: Toy store won't sell me any Lego!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:36:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Michael Hall wrote:
SNIP
buy. For some reason, that changed about three or four weeks ago, when they
stopped getting any Lego at all in on their trucks. When I asked the manager
about it, she said that she's never seen anything like this before. Normally,
the distribution is based on what the top sellers in the store are. She said
that Lego has been #1 for a few months (because of me), but now that they aren't
sending any, that has changed.

There are now about 2-3 different sets with about 5 each on the shelf. What
makes me more curious is that there is another store of the same chain about 20
miles down the street and they have fully stocked shelves. I know most of the
employees there as well and they've told me that they are still getting Lego
deliveries. The prices are the same and I've bought bunches of stuff from them
as well, but I would rather support the one that is closer to my house.

I don't know if they aren't sending any more Lego to this specific store or what
the deal is. I can't wait to get a hold of this district manager and find out
what the real deal is.

I've noticed recently that a few of the nearby KB locations (in
Baltimore/Central MD) have looked really empty. My guess is that these stores
are on the chopping block for closure - although this has been denied by the
employees I spoke to.

Either that, or KB's vendors are cutting them off from further shipments because
KB owes them money. Either way, there's no reason for them not to sell you as
much LEGO as possible. But we're talking about KB here, so nothing really
surprises me.

Marc