 Marketplace / Shopping / 11996
Re: Lego kiosks in malls?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 00:29:58 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, William R. Ward wrote:
Bryan Kinkel writes:
Last year LEGO put up small kiosks in malls during the Holiday shopping
season? Are they doing that again this year?

In suburban Philadelphia, we have the massive King of Prussia shopping
center. Last year LEGO had a kiosk in the "Court" portion of the mall. But I
have not been in that section recently to check if they set up shop there or
not.

It looks like the current strategy is to open year-round stores with
Pick-A-Brick in a few places rather than have kiosks in a lot of
places.  Yeah, it sucks for people in areas without a LEGO store, but
maybe you'll get one next year

Now everyone knows my pain. I live in Phoenix and we don't have a Lego Store
yet. So shipping is a real killer. However I would rather pay shipping then
paying tax. If you order from out of state (all except for California) you do
not have to pay tax. (Anybody want to check on this) I have saved more by paying
the shipping at a flat rate then by having to pay the tax in our local stores.

TLC please open a store in Phoenix.

Larry