 Marketplace / Shopping / 11997
Re: Lego kiosks in malls?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 01:47:42 GMT

azfirewolf writes:
If you order from out of state (all except for California) you do
not have to pay tax. (Anybody want to check on this) I have saved more by paying
the shipping at a flat rate then by having to pay the tax in our local stores.
If you mail/phone/Internet order something from out of state you do
not pay tax unless that company is located in the same state you are.
That's true for most if not all states, including California.  Trouble
is I think different states have different definitions of "located
in."  For example if there is a retail store in your state, owned by
the same company, you may have to pay tax in some states, but in
others it may just mean the company HQ.  Also, it may make a
difference whether the retail stores are run by a subsidiary company
or the same company.

--Bill.

FUT: lugnet.market.theory

--