 Marketplace / Shopping / 11959
Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:40:25 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Daniel Siskind wrote:

Also, during the lengthy periods being of being placed on hold, I decided that this was my last time I would be dealing with this company and it’s products. Through my close involvement in the AFOL community, I have witnessed too many of the company’s shenanigans: been betrayed too many times by corporate know-nothings, been made empty promises, and put up with too many lies. I just can’t believe in the company or it’s products anymore. Other than a few odds and ends for my battleship (which I will buy at Bricklink, where there is real customer service) I do not plan to buy any more LEGO products for myself, friends, or family (In fact I haven’t bought any LEGO sets at all since the great 2004 gray brick debacle). At this point, I’m feeling really used, abused, and totally unamused.

I can understand being frustrated, but writing off the entirety of the LEGO company because one keyboard jockey at S@H made a mistake is pretty lame.

It can often take weeks to resolve credit card mistakes because of the lengthy processes involved with avoiding fraud. I had someone steal my credit card number once ($1,300) and it took about 5 weeks to get the issue resolved. I seem to recall that the law states the charging company has up to 90 days to refund your money in such a situation.

But hey, at least you’ll get some attention... which is what this kind of post is looking for anyway.

-Grand Admiral