 Marketplace / Shopping / 11965
Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 18:12:40 GMT

In addition to other people's posts, I think it's also good to remember that in
the month before Christmas, a toy company probably hires a ton of temp workers
to man their phones.  I'd be totally surprised if there weren't any screwups.

In lugnet.market.shopping, Daniel Siskind wrote:
I just
can’t believe in the company or it’s products anymore.  Other than a few odds
and ends for my battleship (which I will buy at Bricklink, where there is real
customer service) I do not plan to buy any more LEGO products for myself,
friends, or family (I

Not particularly meaning to pile on Dan, but could someone explain this
mentality to me--"I'm upset with company X, so to really show them my anger, I'm
no longer going to use the products that I already own!"  I understand not
buying any new sets, but quite honestly every regular poster to Lugnet could
probably spend the rest of their lives playing with just the bricks they
currently own (shh, don't tell my fiancee that I said that, I really NEED some
new sets for Christmas ;) ), let alone what is available on the secondary
market.

Bruce