 General / 49744
Re: Green Baseplates going out of style?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 04:17:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christina Cratsley wrote:
Tony and I are up here in Texarkana Arkansas, and we've been going around
looking at the local retail stores for cheap LEGO.  We've noticed that both
Wal-Marts up here are liquidating their 32x32 Green Baseplates.

The Arkansas side Wal-Mart super center only had one Green Baseplate in the
entire store, and it was marked down to $3.

The Texas side Wal-Mart super center had quite a few more, but they too were
marked down to $4.

Anyone have any idea why they'd do this?  Is this a local thing, or something on
a bigger scale?  Is the Green Baseplate disappearing?

--Christi Sava

I have seen WM dumping those on and off for the past year (never found any less
than $3 tho). I think its mostly the computer system deciding that its a very
slow moving item and dumping it. Last time I checked, TRU had plenty of these in
stock (along with the random Blue 32x32 baseplate). It seems that TRU has both
the green and the blue on the same SKN, so theres no way to tell which store has
any blue ones in stock.

Ray

fut .market.shopping