 General / 49743
49742  |  49744
Subject:
Green Baseplates going out of style?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 03:52:05 GMT

Tony and I are up here in Texarkana Arkansas, and we've been going around
looking at the local retail stores for cheap LEGO.  We've noticed that both
Wal-Marts up here are liquidating their 32x32 Green Baseplates.

The Arkansas side Wal-Mart super center only had one Green Baseplate in the
entire store, and it was marked down to $3.

The Texas side Wal-Mart super center had quite a few more, but they too were
marked down to $4.

Anyone have any idea why they'd do this?  Is this a local thing, or something on
a bigger scale?  Is the Green Baseplate disappearing?

--Christi Sava