 Marketplace / Shopping / *11939 (-100)
  Re: Kohl's 40% off

(...) Tis the season for seeing my wallet sing the blues. I saw that too, but there is no way that Kohl's can stop any adult from buying the sets. So you are buying a lot of them. Um has any one heard the word gifts? I would really want to see a (...) (20 years ago, 29-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toys R Us and TLC

(...) In my part of the world, every store is decreasing shelf space for Lego. MB picking up the difference, where MB is being sold by that store. At least you still have access to Lego through S@H. (20 years ago, 29-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Kohl's 40% off

Starts today, ends Sat Dec 4. 40% off everything Lego. Also MegaBloks, and rotten tomatoes. Online at (URL) the ad says "For Kids". I think they are warning us. (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toys R Us and TLC

"James Seibert" <jamesseibert@comcast.net> wrote in message news:I7vs99.16v7@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) anyone (...) store? (...) display (...) years. (...) now, (...) even (...) is also (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I think it varies by (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toys R Us and TLC

(...) After reading the replies for this thread, I want to ask a question. Has anyone noticed the amount of shelf space occupied by Lego sets in the WalMart store? I do not have any hope of an after Christmas sale this year because display space (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toys R Us and TLC

Frankly, it seems like Walmart rarely has prices that are all that low on things like Lego sets. Even Target and others rarely seem to do much on price. Frankly, I've done best with K-Mart and K-B but ONLY when they're running major mark-downs. TRU (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toys R Us and TLC

(...) Right. The more that WalMart causes other retailers to fail, the more ability they have to squeeze the suppliers, and the less (eventual) competition there will be. Ray fut to .market.theory (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us and TLC

(...) I happened to catch a brief report on Fox News on the subject of TRU (an other tory retailers) "exclusives" yesterday. The basic thrust was that TRU has been unable to compete with Walmart on price, so their strategy is to work out large (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toys R Us and TLC

(...) It seems like I remember reading somewhere that 10% of the SKNs at TRU are 'exclusives'. In some cases, that might be a combo pack of otherwise existing merchandise. In others, it might be the 'spring cleaning' tubs and (much more notable) the (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Toys R Us and TLC

I just got back from TRU. I believe to compete with Walmart most Toy companies allow "exclusives" and first right to display some toys. I wonder if TRU is really doing it with TLC!!! I saw all sorts of new sets on the shelves. Including one that was (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Shopko deals was Re: Black Friday Deals

Shopko has 50% off blue tub all weekend (also Duplo.) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: One last Spring Cleaning set

(...) I got 4 buckets - they had green and orange 2x2 corner slopes! (one each) Old slope - Exploriens pattern 2x3 low slope that was last in a Space Accessory pack. I also like the white 3x4 low slopes (2), green 2x2 low slope apex (2), white 1x2 (...) (20 years ago, 26-Nov-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: One last Spring Cleaning set

(...) My area K-Marts have priced them at $9.99. Deals at CVS with BOGOF, and the Walgreens boxes are much better. Usually when WalMart had the small tubs like this, they priced them low and watched them fly off the shelves by nine in the morning. (...) (20 years ago, 26-Nov-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: One last Spring Cleaning set

(...) No doubt they're not as good a deal as the 4400s, 4679s and 4562s. But in the grand scheme of things, 400 pieces for $9 ($0.025/piece) or 800 pieces for $13.50 on sale ($0.017/piece) is still pretty good. The usual buckets and tubs are no (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: One last Spring Cleaning set

Go to (URL) to see ad scans. The Kmart BF 5 hour sale is Buy One, Get One 50% off. Still not as good a deal as the Walgreen's sets. The bonus parts better be killer for the price. I'm tempted to buy 2, go to the car and check them out, then MAYBE (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.market.shopping)

  US S@H Phone Specials, Nov 24 - 30, 2004

(URL) (hit 1 when the recording starts, then hit 1 again when the S@H Specials recording starts, to skip the listings and get to a representative) US S@H Phone Specials, Nov 24 to Nov 30 Orient Expedition 7411 Tigers Roar 9.99 5.00 Basketball 3428 (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.announce.lsahs)

  Black Friday Deals

I was looking at bargainshare.com for Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) sales listings, and saw some LEGO deals, so I thought I'd cross post these here. These might just be rumors, for all I know, so YMMV. Toys 'R Us Friday and Saturday Lego (...) (20 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: One last Spring Cleaning set

(...) So far, I have been unable to locate these in north Fla. One store I spoke with indicated that "a bunch of Lego is going to be on sale", but she did not yet have the ad-copy. We shall see what happens on Thrusday. Ray (20 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.market.shopping)

  New City Sets

Just got my new fire sets last night. Not bad, but can any one tell me why the sets have some german stickers in them? Larry (20 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.town)

  Re: 4679 - 500 piece bonus tubs

(...) Don't use them as heads ;^) Use them architecturally. If you can use 1x1 cylinder bricks and 2x2 round bricks, you can use plain minifig heads as columns in combo with other round elements. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  4679 - 500 piece bonus tubs

FYI Amazon/TRU has the 4679 bonus tube in stock now. In a small sample (3) - all of the ones I got were stamped "2714" by the bar code. These are the tubs with the assortment of "heads" (mostly black and brown though I've seen variations). IMHO, (...) (20 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  WA KB Toys Closing

For those of you in the Seattle area, both of the Alderwood Mall KB Toys locations are closing. I didn't go in to check it out, but both stores have "Everything at least 30% off" signs along the street. Kristine (20 years ago, 22-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  CostCo

Hey all, Was at CostCo (in Vacaville CA) today. They had three pretty good Lego deals. #1: (URL) for $19 and some change. #2: (URL) again for $19 and some change. #3: Three of the big KK2 knights (Lt. Blue, Red, and Black I think) for $10 and some (...) (20 years ago, 21-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 5359 spoted at Target

(...) These have also appeared at the local WalMart with a 'rollback' tag under them. It appears that WM rolled them back from 19.97 to 14.98-ish. Ray (20 years ago, 22-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Oprah's Favorite Things: LEGO Mosaic

Prepare for a run on (URL) LEGO Mosaic> sets this holiday season. Oprah Winfrey, whose purchasing advice can make or break a small company, has listed LEGO Mosaics as one of her "Favorite Things" in this month's "O" magazine. She might feature it on (...) (20 years ago, 21-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: One last Spring Cleaning set

(...) Good to know. I was watching for them to show up, but now I think I won't bother. The Walgreens sale is consistently offering a buy two get one sale that has the Lego at a penny per piece. 8.99 for 400 doesn't cut the mustard. If anyone does (...) (20 years ago, 21-Nov-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: One last Spring Cleaning set

My local Kmart had a pile of these on the shelf today, or at least they had a set that I believe to be these. It was a small blue bucket with 200 pieces + 200 bonus pieces on it. Seemed to be very similar to the Walgreen's set as far as the standard (...) (20 years ago, 21-Nov-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TUESDAY MORNING

(...) Other worthwhile sets seen at TM include all 8 SW Mini's (first series at 1.99/1.49 each, second series at 3.99/3.00 each), 3407 Red Soccer Bus at 9.99/7.50 each, and 4852 Spiderman I, Final Showdown for 24.99/18.25 each. (20 years ago, 20-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: One last Spring Cleaning set

(...) Actually, some stores may retain the KMart name. Most will likely become Sears stores, but I've seen no time frame for that to happen. It certainly will not happen before these boxes hit the shelves. The merged company will bear the name of (...) (20 years ago, 19-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  TUESDAY MORNING

Tuesday Morning is having a 25% off sale. Each store has a different selection. For example the Spider Man lab set was going to $12.99 at KB while it was listed at TM for 14.99 - 25% comes to 11.XX. Not a huge savings, but a just enough to make it (...) (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  US S@H Phone Specials, Nov 17 - 23, 2004

(URL) (hit 1 when the recording starts, then hit 1 again when the S@H Specials recording starts, to skip the listings and get to a representative) US S@H Phone Specials, Nov 10 - 16, 2004 Nov 17 - Nov 23 Orient Expedition 7411 Tigers Roar 9.99 5.00 (...) (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.announce.lsahs)

  Re: Kmart buyes Sears / Merges

(...) I agree with Larry. However I feel that the bubble will pop. How did K-Mart get enough money to have stock prices showing over $100. It is kind of like Tazer. You need to show people something. I can show you numbers and numbers and make them (...) (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Kmart buyes Sears / Merges

(...) Patience, patience. I wish them both well but have my feelings that it may not work. Merging two sick companies usually just buys some time. But we shall see. (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Kmart buyes Sears / Merges

(URL) YORK (CNN/Money) - Kmart is buying Sears, Roebuck & Co. for $11 billion in a deal that will marry two of the nation's oldest retailers that had trouble keeping up with the changes in American culture around them. The deal, announced Wednesday (...) (20 years ago, 17-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: A Penny Per Piece

(...) The people at my Walgreens in California were the same way, the 2 employees that "helped" me looked down the toy and promotional aisle, and since they weren't there they said they hadn't come in yet. However, I noticed that many aisles had (...) (20 years ago, 17-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam, FTX)

  Re: A Penny Per Piece

(...) I don't know if this is the case in Florida, but the Walgreens employees in Baltimore are extremely clueless and unhelpful. If you find that everyone is giving you the old "if you don't see it, we don't have it" runaround, you should email (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam, FTX)

  A Penny Per Piece

I guess people might be tired of hearing about 4562, but I just want to let any Tampa Floridians know that 4562 just hit local Walgreens stores this week. Some Walgreens might yet to get it, but they'll have it soon. Anyhow, they are having a buy (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam)

  Etoys sale - super cheap Discovery, Orient Expedition sets

Hi all, <wwwe.etoys.com Etoys> is having a sale with some super-cheap Discovery sets including: (URL) Mars Value Pack> Includes (URL) 7471> Mars Rover and (URL) 7469> Mission to Mars - Only $49.99 (60% off) (URL) Outer Space Value Pack> Includes (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: 4 new X-pod sets

(...) David, check with a Lego Store. They have some of the new 2005 sets. It may be something that they will get before BLACK FRIDAY. Larry (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  4 new X-pod sets

Does anyone know where you can get the 4 new X-pod sets? I just saw Jon Palmer mention them in his blog yesterday. He had this link: (URL) haven't seen them in any stores, and I didn't find them online at LEGO Shop at Home either. Any "first (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order

(...) Well, I really like this idea, I have put together a couple of multible orders in the past, as well as sending new customers to LEGO shop at home, and never even received a thank you from LEGO. all these people would never have considered (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 5359 spoted at Target

(...) Hmmm.. perhaps I should buy one of these and see what the deal is. I have a 1666 here (which was designed for System sized pieces). The jaw/flappers on the 5359 appeared to be the same size as the 1666. Perhaps the larger Duplo bricks don't (...) (20 years ago, 11-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: 5359 spoted at Target

It's a very similar set to (URL) Brick Vac - designed I think, to allow kids to pick up Basic sized bricks. Dunno if that model was any better at picking bricks up than the 5359. Both the 1666 and the 5359 didn't really "suck" anything up, they (...) (20 years ago, 11-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  US S@H Phone Specials, Nov 10 - 16, 2004

(URL) (hit 1 when the recording starts, then hit 1 again when the S@H Specials recording starts, to skip the listings and get to a representative) US S@H Phone Specials, Nov 10 - 16, 2004 Orient Expedition 7415 Arrow Nomad 19.99 10.00 Gravity Games (...) (20 years ago, 10-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.announce.lsahs)

  Re: 5359 spoted at Target

(...) You know, I thought the same thing.. It's cute! But as far as actually sucking up bricks, it... sucks. I'd say it picks up about 40% of them in one pass. The rest either don't get picked up (they just get pushed around) or they get flung out (...) (20 years ago, 10-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  5359 spoted at Target

While wondering thru Target the other day, I spied a small covey of Block-O-Dile's snoozing peacefully on a top shelf. Very cool set. A brick-vac for the munchkin aged fans ;) Set 5359, scanned $14.99 IIRC Ray (20 years ago, 10-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order

(...) Multiple names on the online form, associated with the products each person ordered. The payment and shipping of the overall order are still handled with one name, one credit card. No change to the back end processing at all. This is strictly (...) (20 years ago, 10-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order

(snip) (...) The only problem I see there is there may be liability issues. Multiple names on a single order? Ok, how would someone at the company know who the main person is? Would one person be the "primary", and when placing the order, would have (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order

(...) I do hope that other people would pick up on this type of order and have a go at it for themselves. I just think the overall direction for this type of thing should come from the company.... if they want to do it. (...) The only risk being (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order

(...) Why? People offer advice all the time. What exactly is wrong with putting up a web page with a list of things to consider when doing this, and a sample excel spreadsheet? That doesn't seem like much of a risk to me. If I had time and interest (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order

(...) Especially when you consider that $200-300 would probably have been spent at retail stores like TRU, where LEGO's percentage of the proceeds is lower... (...) I don't think LEGO would be interested in taking on a Pampered Chef or Tupperware (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order

(...) Yes, good idea. :) (...) Do you mean that LEGO would do this? (...) I saw the idea of a full-blown group program as the last step, not the first. The first step would be seeing how customers would react to this. See my response to Scott's (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order

(...) [My notes snipped... message was getting way too long.] :) (...) True. Since I'm not privy to any of LEGO's financial information all of my ideas and thoughts about this were pure speculation. However, it is clear to me that our $900 order was (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order

(...) Snipped good pros and cons. Howe about a compromise? a "do it yourself kit" as it were. Put together a few paragraphs on how to organise a group order, provide a sample excel spreadsheet and instructions for use, and disclaim the heck out of (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order

(...) Well, it sounds nice and good...but you have to be able to demonstrate that it's feasible AND profitable. A few key details... 1) most companies make money on Shipping and Handling when they do it. What you are proposing is to reduce that (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order

A few days ago, in this thread: (URL) mentioned the large group order that we (my co-workers & I) do every year about this time. This was our third annual and largest order yet. I'm not sure how many other people do this in their office/workplace or (...) (20 years ago, 7-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 4679 Variations (was Re: What a trip I had to Markville!)

(...) Thanks for posting those Tim. The one in St. Catharines had 2 2714's. I don't know if there are more there. The store clerk found the 2 I bought in their store room (not on the floor). Benjamin Medinets (20 years ago, 6-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general)

  Re: New 4400 tub at PayLess too?

(...) I checked the Payless by the Mall and found no LEGO items at all. I have this weekend off, so I may run down to Crawfordsville to take a look. Last Saturday (Oct. 30) I bought three 4562's and left 2 at the Walgreens on Sagamore in West (...) (20 years ago, 5-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: New 4400 tub at PayLess too?

(...) Hi David, I checked the Payless on Sagamore Parkway in West Lafayette and found nothing on Tuesday. I didn't even find a place for it on their toy or holiday shelves. The nearest Kroger is in Crawfordsville which isnt too far. Kokomo has 3 of (...) (20 years ago, 5-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  4400 tub: No Variations?

Hi All, I have purchased 6 of these tubs now from different locations and cities! Every tub I bought is identical in its' contents. Has anyone else found variations on these? I'm thinking that maybe there isn't any and they are all alike. Either (...) (20 years ago, 5-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Spring Cleaning Goodies

(...) If you buy in multiples of 6, they seem happy enough for you to take the tray too, which helps when you carry them out to the car and so forth... I did not notice the LEGO part number. Good sleuthing. (20 years ago, 5-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Spring Cleaning Goodies

(...) A bit of side trivia... The cardboard trays appear to be supplied by TLC to Walgreen's sale spec. The label on the trays has a TLC style part number (7-digit) which does not appear on any of the trays for the other toys. Seems like a quick and (...) (20 years ago, 5-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  New 4400 tub at PayLess too?

Like many others, I'm searching for a Krogers that stocks the new version of the 4400 tub. There aren't any Krogers in the town where I live (Lafayette, IN), so I went to Kroger's web site to see if they had a store locator. The site did have a (...) (20 years ago, 5-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shop At Home Free Shipping once again

(...) Nevermind. :) A clever co-worker pointed out to me today that the tree on the front is bigger than the actual set inside. So apparently it's just 'art' and not a real product. LOL Sorry for any confusion. Allan B. (20 years ago, 5-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego)

  Re: 4679 Variations (was Re: What a trip I had to Markville!)

Said thing is around Toronto only the 3xxx variety have I seen yet, and I hit 3-4 TRU and they only have the three strap versions, MANY MANY but only three strap versions, must been unlucky town!! (20 years ago, 5-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general)

  COSTCO SHOPPING REPORT

Okay I just got back from Costco. Did I score on some world city sets. I got 7047, World City - Police & Rescue Coast Watch HQ, 2004 for $20 EACH. Yes 50% off at Costco. I bought two, but other people around me were going why is this set here and I (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  4679 Variations (was Re: What a trip I had to Markville!)

(...) An update to the previously stated. I now have 3 4679's with different serial numbers. The third is 2814, and it is closely related to 2714 in contents. It also has old grey's in the tub. Here's my pix of a 2714, and a 2814 stamped combo after (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H Specials formatting (was Re: US S@H Specials for Nov 3 - 9 Re: Was mislabelled...)

Hm, well, the point is moot - I post via Communicator, and when it sends plaintext, the Lugnet server prints it as plaintext, so the formatting isn't showing online. So any time I post, you won't see the pics. Because I am NOT about to go to the (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: S@H Specials formatting (was Re: US S@H Specials for Nov 3 - 9 Re: Was mislabelled...)

This would work too, but I'm wondering if the Set link info should go after the plaintext, i.e.: Set Number, Name, Regular Price, [Sale Price], Link ===...=== Clickits -------- 7503 Memo Minis 3.99 [2.00] (URL) [LEGOSet 7503] Note - I use (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: S@H Specials formatting (was Re: US S@H Specials for Nov 3 - 9 Re: Was mislabelled...)

I can try to do this in the future. Should be simple enough to add another macro to my keyboard util. FYI, odds are that I will not get the Specials all of Nov - thanks to having our rental house sold out from under us, we purchased (well, *are (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: S@H Specials formatting (was Re: US S@H Specials for Nov 3 - 9 Re: Was mislabelled...)

(...) but I thank you (...) Yes, it may be moot, but here's another stab, with images for FTX viewers, and a cleaner hyperlink for news readers: Set, Name, Regular, Sale Price, Link Clickits [LEGOSet 7503] Memo Minis 3.99 2.00 (URL) Racers [LEGOSet (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: S@H Specials formatting (was Re: US S@H Specials for Nov 3 - 9 Re: Was mislabelled...)

(...) <snip> It works, at least in that it has a direct link to the set in question, but without the little pictures it's not nearly as nice. However the raw form does looks much more legible. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> | (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: S@H Specials formatting (was Re: US S@H Specials for Nov 3 - 9 Re: Was mislabelled...)

(...) I like it. However, I was just trying FTX---Had no idea what the fallout would be. Going by past years, this is Tom's baby--he's the one that has posted the specials 99.9 percent of the weekly phone specials and, besides my 'one-off' (which I (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  S@H Specials formatting (was Re: US S@H Specials for Nov 3 - 9 Re: Was mislabelled...)

(...) It's true that for tables, FTX fails its objective of making formatted text readable in plain text. How does this look for a compromise? Name, Regular, Sale Price, Set Clickits Memo Minis 3.99 2.00 (URL) 7503> Racers Hot Flasher Bike 9.99 5.00 (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: US S@H Specials for Nov 3 - 9 Re: Was mislabelled...

(...) I agree, the FTX tables looked great. (...) I frequently do the same, it was quite helpful. It's too bad there isn't a way to show FTX on the web, but newsreaders get something more legible. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: US S@H Specials for Nov 3 - 9 Re: Was mislabelled...

(...) I agree with you and always happen with me. I like FTX much better and easy to look picture and quickly read before i decide to order. I never use newsreaders (boring and no graphic) I wonder if Lugnet can do something to identify which user (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Weekly Specials for Nov 3 - Nov 9, 2004

(...) Actually the Specials listed here are the Phone Specials-- they differ (although sometimes not substantially) from the online specials. Maggie C. (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Weekly Specials for Nov 3 - Nov 9, 2004

The Bounty Hunter Pursuit shows up at full price ($29.99) on lego.com for me. I am in the U.S. Chris (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: US S@H Specials for Nov 3 - 9 Re: Was mislabelled...

(...) Yes, but it looks terrific on the web, if I do say so myself ;) I know that when Tom posts, I'm always jumping back and forth, putting set numbers into the LUGNET set search to see exactly what they are, and I thought I'd save a step by (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: US S@H Specials for Nov 3 - 9 Re: Was mislabelled...

(...) Yes, please don't use FTX tables again... It's almost unreadable in a newsreader. Frank (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shop At Home Free Shipping once again

(...) I noticed that after you pointed it out, since I had only really looked at the tree the first time I saw the cover. :) Then I looked at the tree again. Did you notice the octagonal piece that they used on the top of it? They used this piece: (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego)

  Re: 4400 at Kroger (was Re: Spring Cleaning Goodies)

(...) Thanks for the info! I see from your post they are at least somewhere in Indiana and from Mike Walsh's post that they are somewhat randomly available in his area. I'm on the hunt again! Brian (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  3579 Street Hockey half off at lego.com

Hello, I wanted to advise that (URL) is 50% off on lego.com. I was pleased with the 8x16 black tiles that came with this set. I think there are many town related useds for them. (and, I am sure other uses) I hope some people find this helpful. Best, (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.town)

  Re: Spring Cleaning Goodies

So I hit my local Walgreens this morning with no luck. But I did speak to a fellow on the floor and showed him the picture of the box. He took the picture and my phone number and said he would get back to me if they arrived. That was 6:50 AM this (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4400 at Kroger (was Re: Spring Cleaning Goodies)

I picked up 2 of the 4400's at a Terre Haute Kroger for 14.99. Same assortment that others are reporting. (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  US S@H Specials for Nov 3 - 9 Re: Was mislabelled...

D'oh!! Focused on everything else but the subject--sorry 'bout that... In lugnet.market.shopping, David Koudys wrote: 1-800-835-4386 (hit 1 when the recording starts, then hit 1 again when the S@H Specials recording starts, to skip the listings and (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Weekly Specials for Nov 3 - Nov 9, 2004

1-800-835-4386 (hit 1 when the recording starts, then hit 1 again when the S@H Specials recording starts, to skip the listings and get to a representative) (URL) Theme Set Number Name Regular Sale Price LUGNET Link Clickits 7503 Memo Minis 3.99 2.00 (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.announce.lsahs, FTX)

"Brian Darrow" <bdarrow@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:I6Lsnt.2385@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) with (...) if so, (...) It doesn't even seem to be all Kroger stores in the same general vicinity. My local Kroger (our regular grocery (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4400 at Kroger (was Re: Spring Cleaning Goodies)

(...) I've not found any of these in the Indianapolis area which is overflowing with Kroger Stores. Does anyone know if this is only a regional release, and if so, what will those regions be? Thanks, Brian Darrow (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO Outlet at Colorado Mills - What's There

(...) There is one of those small "stand up" pick-a-brick bucket trees at Mills. The stock in it seems to be changed often; I haven't been there in a while, so I have no idea what it's got. As for the rest of the store, it's got a lot of old news: (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  LEGO Outlet at Colorado Mills - What's There

I'm going to be in Denver soon for a couple of days. Anyone out there that can tell me what I'm likely to find at the Outlet at Colorado Mills? Is there a Pick-A-Brick there? Thanks. (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Spring Cleaning Goodies

(...) Hey Mike, The box is 11 1/4 inches by 11 1/4 inches and 2 3/4 inches thick! Like I said, they stand them up on their side in a cardboard tray six deep! What you see from the aisle is the front as shown in my pic. It may be that some areas (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  RE: Spring Cleaning Goodies

Tom, Most of the stores I have hit, they have been up high--- way up on the top shelf. And at 2 of them, they were set up on the end cap with the other 3/$11.98 toys. Most of the people at the stores have been more than willing to go look for them (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4400 at Kroger (was Re: Spring Cleaning Goodies)

(...) Hi Guys, I don't know why you are finding them for $14.99. I bought one today for $9.99 like Anthony reported. I wonder why there's a difference in price? That doesn't make sense! Anthony and I are both in Texas, but I can't see there being (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Spring Cleaning Goodies

"Tom Reed" <tdreed@NOSPAMtxcyber.com> wrote in message news:I6L1GI.1nM3@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) of the (...) three or (...) reach, (...) around, I (...) Physically how big is the box? I was up in the Newark, NJ area today for work (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Spring Cleaning Goodies

(...) Hey guys, I posted a pic of the box! Check it out here: www.brickshelf.com/g...562box.jpg I've seen them in aisles and on the very top of the display shelves. They usually have then standing up in a cardboard display tray with the front of the (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Spring Cleaning Goodies

I don't even know what they look like - everyone is posting pics of the contents, but not the box. Anyone got a pic of the box? None of my local Walgreen's say they have them, but they just might not know what they're looking for. (...) -- Tom (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shop At Home Free Shipping once again

(...) Do you mean appealed to you as a buyer of sets for yourself? Or as a parent/adult buying for children? That was my suggestion, just to clarify my point from yesterday. I was imagining a catalog where products were the same as they are now, but (...) (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Spring Cleaning Goodies

(...) In some Walgreens in the NW - I came across 3 that were small enough that they did not stock a large toy section. In all cases like this they had none. A few had them on endcaps, but mostly on the upper top of shelves, or wherever the 3 for (...) (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Spring Cleaning Goodies

I'm having problems finding them here in Southeastern PA. I have hit two 24 hour Walgreens repeatedly near me with no luck. I know what the 4562 box looks like, but where in the store are the sets usually placed? Toy aisle? Seasonal? Up high? Down (...) (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact