 Marketplace / Shopping / 11898
Re: 5359 spoted at Target
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 03:00:50 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Darrell Urbien wrote:
   In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders wrote:
   While wondering thru Target the other day, I spied a small covey of Block-O-Dile’s snoozing peacefully on a top shelf. Very cool set. A brick-vac for the munchkin aged fans ;)

Set 5359, scanned $14.99 IIRC

Ray

You know, I thought the same thing.. It’s cute! But as far as actually sucking up bricks, it... sucks. I’d say it picks up about 40% of them in one pass. The rest either don’t get picked up (they just get pushed around) or they get flung out of the thing (which looks.. funny). It takes repeated passes to get more than a handful of bricks.

Hmmm.. perhaps I should buy one of these and see what the deal is. I have a 1666 here (which was designed for System sized pieces). The jaw/flappers on the 5359 appeared to be the same size as the 1666. Perhaps the larger Duplo bricks don’t work as well. Next time I go near Target, I’ll have to splurge and see what is what.

Ray