 Marketplace / Shopping / 11899
Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:05:34 GMT

Multiple names on the online form, associated with the products each person
ordered.  The payment and shipping of the overall order are still handled with
one name, one credit card.  No change to the back end processing at all.

Well, I really like this idea, I have put together a couple of multible orders
in the past, as well as sending new customers to LEGO shop at home, and never
even received a thank you from LEGO. all these people would never have
considered buying anything to do with lego, if they didn't know me. It seems
that this would benefit the company in the long run, and they could afford to
offer a bonus of some kind to the organizer, as suggested before. maybe a small
set, or future discount, something like that. I think the extra sales income
would be much more than any loss in shipping charges, LEGO usually offers free
shipping for the two busiest months of the year anyway. Its a super idea Allen,
I think it could work.

that's all I've got to say for now, Darren