 Marketplace / Shopping / 11888
Re: Anatomy of a Shop At Home group order
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 00:11:16 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Scott Lyttle wrote:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Allan Bedford wrote:

Snipped good pros and cons.

Howe about a compromise? a "do it yourself kit" as it were.

Yes, good idea.  :)

Put together a few paragraphs on how to organise a group order, provide a sample
excel spreadsheet and instructions for use, and disclaim the heck out of it.

Do you mean that LEGO would do this?

This is something LEGO could do for far less than actually running a group sales
operation.

I saw the idea of a full-blown group program as the last step, not the first.
The first step would be seeing how customers would react to this.  See my
response to Scott's reply for more on how I *think* this could be done on the
cheap.

In fact it's something that **fans** could do (I suggest Allan has the basis for
this already in HIS spreadsheet and the writeup he did a few posts back) and put
on a web page with good search terms and who knows, maybe LEGOFan.net (and the
back of the catalog?) might link to it, and that would be the extent of LEGO's
cost.

I'd be hesitant to offer advise/resources to anyone unless I knew the company
was o.k. with it.

If LEGO really wanted to go crazy, they could provide a catalog code that gets
you something special but not too expensive to see how many people did it.

Not sure exactly what you mean by that.  Perhaps you could expand?

Best regards,
Allan B.