 Marketplace / Shopping / 11895
Re: 5359 spoted at Target
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:57:08 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders wrote:
   While wondering thru Target the other day, I spied a small covey of Block-O-Dile’s snoozing peacefully on a top shelf. Very cool set. A brick-vac for the munchkin aged fans ;)

Set 5359, scanned $14.99 IIRC

Ray

You know, I thought the same thing.. It’s cute! But as far as actually sucking up bricks, it... sucks. I’d say it picks up about 40% of them in one pass. The rest either don’t get picked up (they just get pushed around) or they get flung out of the thing (which looks.. funny). It takes repeated passes to get more than a handful of bricks.

After struggling with it for awhile, it became very apparent it would be easier to just pick up the bricks by hand. As you say, maybe the kids would enjoy it for pure entertainment value - they’ll certainly build their arm strength - but for a practical brick-picker-upper it needs some work. Maybe a little tooth/brush modification is in order..

Darrell