 Marketplace / Shopping / 11931
Re: Toys R Us and TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 20:25:07 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ram Sreerangam wrote:
I just got back from TRU. I believe to compete with Walmart most Toy companies
allow "exclusives" and first right to display some toys. I wonder if TRU is
really doing it with TLC!!!

I saw all sorts of new sets on the shelves. Including one that was a boat that
floats AND was motorised!

- Ram -

It seems like I remember reading somewhere that 10% of the SKNs at TRU are
'exclusives'. In some cases, that might be a combo pack of otherwise existing
merchandise. In others, it might be the 'spring cleaning' tubs and (much more
notable) the 8711 Bionicle 'spring cleaning' Master Accessory Kit (big plastic
jar). TRU does get some interesting stuff (althought they probably wish they had
not received ZNAP).

Ray