 Marketplace / Shopping / 11936
Re: Toys R Us and TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 11:29:06 GMT

"James Seibert" <jamesseibert@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:I7vs99.16v7@lugnet.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]

After reading the replies for this thread, I want to ask a question. Has • anyone
noticed the amount of shelf space occupied by Lego sets in the WalMart • store?

I do not have any hope of an after Christmas sale this year because • display
space allocated to Lego is the smallest that I have seen in the last 10 • years.
At both super WalMarts, Lego used to occupy one whole side of the aisle, • now,
just three quarters of an eight foot section. No large ($50+) or new sets, • even
Bionicle is limited in supply. The weird thing is the Megablocks section • is also
smaller in size and variety.

[ ... snipped ... ]

I think it varies by store.  With the latest reset at my local Wal-Mart, the
LEGO/building toy aisle is the entire side of one whole aisle (probably 30'
long) with about 2/3 of it being LEGO.  Up until about a month ago, building
toys had about half an aisle with LEGO getting about 1/2 of it.

Mike

--
Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com

  Re: Toys R Us and TLC

(...) After reading the replies for this thread, I want to ask a question. Has anyone noticed the amount of shelf space occupied by Lego sets in the WalMart store? I do not have any hope of an after Christmas sale this year because display space (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)