 Marketplace / Shopping / 11872
Re: S@H Specials formatting (was Re: US S@H Specials for Nov 3 - 9 Re: Was mislabelled...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 21:01:16 GMT

Hm, well, the point is moot - I post via Communicator, and when it sends plaintext, the
Lugnet server prints it as plaintext, so the formatting isn't showing online.

So any time I post, you won't see the pics.  Because I am NOT about to go to the Lugnet
site just to post.

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" wrote:

This would work too, but I'm wondering if the Set link info should go after the
plaintext, i.e.:

Set Number, Name, Regular Price, [Sale Price], Link

Clickits
--------
7503 Memo Minis 3.99 [2.00] <http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7503>
                            <<LEGOSet(7503)>>

Note - I use newsreaders.  I can't stand having to hit myriads of sites to read
posts, when I can do it all in one reader.  Even with a broadband connection, I
still appreciate a cleaner text interface.  But I also have no problem reformatting
the postings to work for *both*.  Deciding on the cleanest way of posting them will
be the fun part.

"Brian B. Alano" wrote:

David Koudys wrote:
besides my 'one-off'
(which I now regret),
but I thank you

we probably should stick to his formatting.
Yes, it may be moot, but here's another stab, with images for FTX viewers, and a
cleaner hyperlink for news readers:

[Set, Name, Regular, [Sale Price], Link]

Clickits
--------

<<LEGOSet(7503)>> Memo Minis 3.99 [2.00] <http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7503>

Racers
------

<<LEGOSet(8355)>> Hot Flasher Bike 9.99 [5.00]
<http://guide/lugnet.com/set/8355>

Duplo
-----

<<LEGOSet(3698)>> Friendly Police Car 6.99 [3.50]
<http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3698>

<<LEGOSet(3512)>> Funny Giraffe 9.99 [5.00] <http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3512>

--
Tom Stangl