 Local / United Kingdom / 3839
Re: Busy Bee goodies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 23:15:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Tony Priestman writes:
On Sun, 7 May 2000, lawrence wilkes (<Fu7CHK.1vv@lugnet.com>) wrote at
18:24:56

Much as I am glad that Busy Bee are able to come up with some hard to find
sets now and again, I find it hard to reason why I should pay them 20% extra
for a current set compared to what I can get it for from ToyCity, British or
not.

Because if you don't support them, you may not be able pick up those
hard to find items, because they've gone out of business. (not
specifically aimed at BB here)

The whole point of places like BB is the personal relationship that you
have. The big chains don't know you from Adam, don't care what you want,
and will only sell you what gives them the least hassle and most profit.
Fine. I pay more, but I *know* the people I buy from. And every visit to
Busy Bee is a pleasure.

I could not agree more - even if I am not looking for anything in particular,
I always come away with something, and quite satisfied too (I think this is a
girly thing, but I never cross-dress when shopping). The psychology of
shopping is probably well off topic but has anyone really counted the cost of
the time involved searching around to find that elusive bargain and save £10?
I love the feeling of getting a free lunch but I hate the idea of spending a
day shopping too!

If you are unemployed with little commitment (though these two are not
necessarily linked) it makes sense to shop around as time is your most
expendible resource. For some of us, saving a few pounds will cost us a few
pounds, if you know what I mean.

Busy Bee offer an excellent service and, on average, probably the most cost
effective way of purchasing if you live locally.

Jon

So there.
--
Tony Priestman