 Local / United Kingdom / 3831
Re: Busy Bee goodies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 21:41:06 GMT

Tony Priestman <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:u$l+xPAS2vF5EwD1@you-rang.demon.co.uk...
On Mon, 8 May 2000, Scott A (<Fu8GF5.L3v@lugnet.com>) wrote at 08:47:26

I too can go to Toy City and get better prices, but money isn't • everyone's
main motivator. Anyway, by the time I've added shipping to Toy City's
prices, I might just as well ask BB to add a Euro set into my next
parcel...

Are you saying you have never bought any lego from Toycity? Not even 1 or • 2
4560's (A set which BB sells)?

I don't even know where it is. I dislike buying things over the internet
about as much as buying stuff in out of town shopping complexes. Which
is a lot.

Well I dislike shopping in general, and the fact that a trip to the local
shopping centre in now considered a "day out" is obscene to me. If I know
what I want, and I'm also happy with the price and delivery details, I'd
rather buy via they net and use the time I save do things I do like doing. I
view buying things over the net the same as I do telephone transactions.

Buy items and services over the net is just the same as getting car
insurance quotes, plane tickets, etc via the yellow pages. I feel no real
compulsion to give an insurance broker, or travel agent mark-up, so why
should Lego be any different.

The only way independent retailers can compete with the "big boys"  is by
supplying a product with add value - not moral blackmail.

Scott A