 Local / United Kingdom / 3820
Re: Busy Bee goodies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 12:29:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Scott Arthur writes:
Yes, you are right to a certain extend. But:
1. I e-mailed www.thetoyshop.com a few months back for sets I wanted, Andrew
checked every store they have for me.

2. I e-mailed www.thetoyshop.com my order last month, and added I was
disappointed I could not get a Belville set the listed as on "backorder" - he
ordered one for me - and shipped it for free.

3. I placed an order with www.toyworldstore.com last month. At the same time I
asked if thay had any old Lego posters etc they no longer needed - they mailed
back and said no, but they have ordered one for me from TLG (It has still not
arrived).

Real people work in these places too!

Good point.
I should say that I have had several email dialogues with thetoyshop
(entertainer) too. Similar type of converstations as you by the sounds of it.
e.g. They checked their physical stores to see if they had something in stock.#

However, thetoyshop is not the best example of mail order vs shops, as their
prices for current sets are consistently high, and certainly hihger than
toycity

regards
lawrence