 Local / United Kingdom / 3856
Re: Busy Bee goodies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 04:03:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Jonathan Reynolds writes:

If you are unemployed with little commitment (though these two are not
necessarily linked) it makes sense to shop around as time is your most
expendible resource. For some of us, saving a few pounds will cost us a few
pounds, if you know what I mean.

I can't see that visiting Toycity on the web takes more time than driving to a
bricks and mortar store. Quicker in many cases. Of course you dont get instant
gratification, you cannot play the same day.

Comparison shopping on the web is much quicker than doing it in the high
street. Visit thetoyshop.com, toycity, e-toys in a matter of minutes.

Busy Bee offer an excellent service and, on average, probably the most cost
effective way of purchasing if you live locally.

And if you dont live locally they're not! And with a gallon of petrol costing
more than shipping from ToyCity, you had better live fairly close to a store
for it to win on economic grounds. And if you factor in wear and tear,
depreciation, etc it costs a lot more. e.g. taxman lets you claim 69p per mile
expenses. That trip to the toy store is costing you a lot more than you think.

So with higher purchase cost and overheads of getting to the store, your local
toy store is NOT the economic alternative.

Both sides are right. Both the large discounters and the local shops have their
place, I say. Me, I like hitting every Target I drive by during christmas
clearance season, it's the thrill of the hunt, to a certain extent, even if I
could save as much by buying in bulk over the net (which I do, too...)

++Lar