 Local / United Kingdom / 3860
Re: Busy Bee goodies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 11:08:46 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Tony Priestman writes:
On Fri, 12 May 2000, Larry Pieniazek (<FuFHyF.25o@lugnet.com>) wrote at
04:03:51

Me, I like hitting every Target I drive by during christmas
clearance season, it's the thrill of the hunt, to a certain extent, even if • I
could save as much by buying in bulk over the net (which I do, too...)

Hmmm. Is it worth a trip to the US, just for the experience of going
into a shop, seeing lots of LEGO at 50% off, and buying it.

50%? For shame. Mike Stanley will tell you it's 40% and then 75%.. you know
you've really hit the jackpot when you find a really old decrepit Target (NOT
near where Conan lives) and you go in and find lots and lots of starwars on • 75%
off. Lindsay F Braun did it last year. The blighter.

"Excess baggage?"

"That pile of LEGO cartons over there"

Hehe. I've strained the airline baggage capacity, customs officer credulity,
and my back coming back from Canada once or twice. One time I hit Zellers at
just the right time and filled a Dell display/monitor box so full I had • trouble
taping it shut. It was so big it almost didn't check (which would have been a
disaster, I woiuld have had to re-rent a car, get a hotel for another nite and
repacked the box into several and shipped it).

I thought (and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong) that you could only
bring a certain value of goods back into the UK (less than 100 GBP I think)
before you were supposed to pay tax on entry, even if you paid tax on the
goods abroad?

Andrew