 Local / United Kingdom / 3864
Re: Busy Bee goodies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 19:50:17 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Simon Denscombe writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Jonathan Reynolds writes:
Sure there are bargains to be had by shopping on the web but there is
something very special, almost tangible, about a well-stocked independant toy
shop. Speaking personally, I like to pick up boxes and have a good look at
them before I buy.
Most of the good deals I have picked up have been from this kind of shop, • most
of them abroad and due to the strong pound though.

... and you don't find that old monorail box that's been sitting on the top
shelf for 10 years collecting layers of dust.

69p a mile? Steptoe and Son managed it on less.

On second thoughts, vets charge more than mechanics...

Someone told me that a new car cost £1 a mile to run.

It will depend on how many miles you do, if you do, say, 1500 miles a year it
will cost a hell of a lot more than this. Based on this, we should all drive
our cars as much as possible, on needless journeys if required, to reduce
the 'cost per mile' element which will in turn make purchases from independant
Lego retailers EVEN CHEAPER!!

Jon

Carbon 60