 Local / United Kingdom / 3804
Re: Busy Bee goodies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2000 21:06:54 GMT

lawrence wilkes <lawrence_wilkes@msn.com> wrote in message
news:Fu7CHK.1vv@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.loc.uk, Jon D. Hayward writes:

You might get better prices from Toy City, BUT: Toy City are out of stock • of
most of these, and I feel that we should support British Busy Bee anyway • ;-)
...and I think that the Euro sets were bought into stock 'cos we asked • for
'em!

Is this in the same spirit of buying a car from a dealer cause they are
British, even though they charge x% more for that car than the rest of
Europe?

That's the manufacturers, not the showrooms...

Much as I am glad that Busy Bee are able to come up with some hard to find
sets now and again, I find it hard to reason why I should pay them 20% • extra
for a current set compared to what I can get it for from ToyCity, British • or
not.

It was only a suggestion to those of us who feel guilty that BB might have
bought in the sets 'cos we asked for them, and now they're landed with stock
that we can now get cheaper elsewhere. Again: my words, no-one else's...

Of course, we know that TLC put customers onto BB for items not in the UK
catalogue, so there's every chance that there is a ready market for the Euro
train sets here in the UK anyway. I'll speak with Paul tomorrow to see what
the situation is (independently, not representing or on behalf of any
individual or group).

...are all my disclaimers OK? ;-)

Just [trying to help] Jono .oO